g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
This!
If BAW doesn’t make it to the production phase I might just……..shed a tear for our dear BAW. 🥺
Could you imagine? I mean, hypothetically the tech has gotten better for the laser wiper, but... Prob still BAW status.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag

AkaCarioca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y (Nov 22nd 2023), CT (Waiting)
Occupation
Salesforce Advisor Evangelist
Country flag
They look great but... Unless the CT has some kind of weird lug spacing, there are way too many aftermarket truck wheel options to pay $6k. Me I'm going for a set of Fuel Assaults, which are about $2k for a set. As soon as the info regarding spacing and offset are confirmed I'll start shopping.

fuel-assault-d546-20x10-1000_7936.png

As far as the CT shown, I'd say no one outside the Tesla staff has any real idea what the final product looks like. I doubt we're back to door handles, but then again, I'm guessing like everyone else.
How big are these? Have you seen any other options?

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
I wouldn’t say Tesla has good cast aluminum wheels. My wife bent 3 of the 21 inch wheels on our Model S. Rotary forged wheels are the way to go. I replaced all 4 wheels for slightly more than the cost of one Tesla cast aluminum wheel. No problems since. Also the lug nuts were soft and had to be replaced after multiple wheel rotations because the lug nuts became deformed.
You are surprised you have bent rims when running low profile tires? Yeah, that's not the rims fault, even a fully forged rim will sustain damage when mounted with low profile tires and contacting a pothole. I don't even know why Tesla offers those low profile combos except they are providing what people think they want.

The 18" Aero wheels, the lowest cost wheels available with the Model 3, are rotary cast and roll forged. They are relatively light and take a real lickin'. Bent Tesla rims are almost always the low profile ones.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I want the
I want the BAW.
Let’s talk about after market wiper replacements. We’ll be wanting color choices to match the wheels. Also, wire spoke wipers. Spinning wipers. Gold… who wouldn’t want that big ass wiper to be bright gold. Maybe those cool wiper spikes to match your wheel spikes. An off road wiper with double blades for mudding.

Lots of opportunities here. I’ve got the brains Cybertruck the looks….

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
How big are these? Have you seen any other options?
If you search "Fuel truck wheels" you'll get directed to their site where they have dozens of different styles along with different size combinations for each wheel. Their new "Flame" series look really good as well.The Assault style comes in size 17 to 22. I've seen them on trails and spoken with people at length on other forums who have fuel wheels of one type of another. No one has ever said they couldn't take a beating or were questionable. Their weight usually comes in lower than OEM wheels.

AkaCarioca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y (Nov 22nd 2023), CT (Waiting)
Occupation
Salesforce Advisor Evangelist
Country flag
If you search "Fuel truck wheels" you'll get directed to their site where they have dozens of different styles along with different size combinations for each wheel. Their new "Flame" series look really good as well.The Assault style comes in size 17 to 22. I've seen them on trails and spoken with people at length on other forums who have fuel wheels of one type of another. No one has ever said they couldn't take a beating or were questionable. Their weight usually comes in lower than OEM wheels.
Thanks! I will check the site.
At the risk of sounding dumb, I thought the wheels for the Cybertruck would be bigger than 22.
What is the latest available info?
Sponsored