Wraven

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Foundations CyberBeast, M3P, MYP
Country flag
Seems like just a weight issue as I thought overlanding was at a slower pace so areo (40+ mph) wouldn't be a factor.
There is still drag properties at those speeds, also getting to the overlanding stage is on the road driving.
Sponsored

cardad

First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, R1T, Bronco Raptor
Country flag
Seems like just a weight issue as I thought overlanding was at a slower pace so areo (40+ mph) wouldn't be a factor.
Weight is an issue for range especially when accelerating and climbing.

OP
OP
UP_Frank

UP_Frank

Site Sponsor
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Model Y
Country flag
Bump... You are offering *overlanding* style kit, range matters when in the middle of no-where...
Not sure exactly when that will be out, but I will pass this want along to our marketing team! Definitely something that will be nice to know.

zeke

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Plaid, AWD Foundation Cybertruck
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
This is the type of customization you just can't stop and think how much fun we're all going to have the more standard the Cybertruck becomes.

Now, for us doing forestry work and work in heavy snow, I would LOVE to see you guys explore a front plow kit and/or this exact bumper but with a large winch attachment. I wonder how much more efficient a winch would be using the 48V system vs a traditional 12V. I know my poor ATV's 12V battery struggles to power my tiny 3000lbs winch so a beefy winch on my Cybertruck would sure make my day.

OP
OP
UP_Frank

UP_Frank

Site Sponsor
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Model Y
Country flag
This is the type of customization you just can't stop and think how much fun we're all going to have the more standard the Cybertruck becomes.

Now, for us doing forestry work and work in heavy snow, I would LOVE to see you guys explore a front plow kit and/or this exact bumper but with a large winch attachment. I wonder how much more efficient a winch would be using the 48V system vs a traditional 12V. I know my poor ATV's 12V battery struggles to power my tiny 3000lbs winch so a beefy winch on my Cybertruck would sure make my day.
Front plow kit would not only be super functional, but would look CRAZY on the cybertruck.

The bullbar can be optioned with both a lightbar AND a winch!

zeke

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Plaid, AWD Foundation Cybertruck
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Front plow kit would not only be super functional, but would look CRAZY on the cybertruck.

The bullbar can be optioned with both a lightbar AND a winch!
Sounds like I need to look at Unplugged and start looking for a local shop to help me install the bullbar then. Thanks for the tip.

OP
OP
UP_Frank

UP_Frank

Site Sponsor
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Model Y
Country flag
Sounds like I need to look at Unplugged and start looking for a local shop to help me install the bullbar then. Thanks for the tip.
Sounds like it! Feel free to let me know when you are ready to order! We have been taking deposits to secure spots in line for when they are in stock in about 2-3 months.

moniker

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Canyon
Occupation
Security Engineer
Country flag
Can you share.

1) what is the winch option? Specs?
2) how will the winch be powered?
3) if the bull bar is attached low, below the frunk, and the winch is mid level. This seems like a lot of torque will be on the bull bar mounting points when the winch is under load.

lowtek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Plaid
Occupation
I do things.
Country flag
These look simply amazing, can't wait for the final specs and details!

gcv

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Like the rock sliders!

Will they work with stock fenders? Are they mounted using stock M6 bolts in the stock locations - 6 on the bottom and 2 on top like described in the service manual? Any trimming required for the wheel well liners or they interface with them using stock clips?

MorseCode

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Are the rock sliders going to be true "rock sliders". I am use to sliders on various vehicles that you can hold the vehicle weight without damage and can be used as lifting points in a pinch. If this is the plan for the sliders and the skid plate I will buy a pair for my dual motor Cybertruck I already have. I can even test and review them on actual trails. If needed I can do the structural analysis first as well, as FEA is what I specialize in.

OP
OP
UP_Frank

UP_Frank

Site Sponsor
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Model Y
Country flag
Can you share.

1) what is the winch option? Specs?
2) how will the winch be powered?
3) if the bull bar is attached low, below the frunk, and the winch is mid level. This seems like a lot of torque will be on the bull bar mounting points when the winch is under load.
At the moment, these are all TBD. As this information becomes available, we will update our site listing with the information asked!

I don't see that there should be any issue when the winch is under load since it is mounted to the body, but as these things come to final examples, we will have more information!

OP
OP
UP_Frank

UP_Frank

Site Sponsor
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Model Y
Country flag
Like the rock sliders!

Will they work with stock fenders? Are they mounted using stock M6 bolts in the stock locations - 6 on the bottom and 2 on top like described in the service manual? Any trimming required for the wheel well liners or they interface with them using stock clips?
These will work with the stock fenders, and the wide fenders.

These will be bolt on pieces that use factory mounting locations. As far as I am aware, there is no trimming required, but as final examples come in, we will have more detailed information.
Sponsored

Reactions: gcv