J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
Occupation
Very Little
Country flag
Good Morning. I bet we have all seen videos of people keying and coal rolling Teslas. They are the same people who park in charging spots with ICE. This type of misplaced anger is unfortunately pretty commonplace. I am concerned that people are going to try to test the integrity of the "bulletproof" truck. I am concerned that people are going to throw items at the windows to replicate the truck unveil. I love the truck and I am truly excited about the day that I get to configure it online. One concern, as we have seen, some people live to destroy beautiful things. Sorry to sound dramatic
Sponsored

stumby

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S P90D
Country flag
True, the extra dent and shatter proof nature of the Cybertruck may invite some of this, but anytime you have a vehicle someone desires or admires or is jealous of, it's at risk for it. Luxury cars, sports cars, they all deal with the same risk.

The extra protection we have against this behavior though is Sentry Mode. Once the general public becomes generally aware of Sentry Mode, we'll be better protected against this type of vandalism compared to the average vehicle. (y)

OP
OP

Jasondoc

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
Occupation
Very Little
Country flag
True, the extra dent and shatter proof nature of the Cybertruck may invite some of this, but anytime you have a vehicle someone desires or admires or is jealous of, it's at risk for it. Luxury cars, sports cars, they all deal with the same risk.

The extra protection we have against this behavior though is Sentry Mode. Once the general public becomes generally aware of Sentry Mode, we'll be better protected against this type of vandalism compared to the average vehicle. (y)
Thankful for sentry

OneLapper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d Sportswagon
Country flag
Idiots exist. Why do people rob banks? The statistics are really good that they will get caught, but banks still get robbed.

My 2000 TDI was shot at and hit on the driver's side rear door with a .22 rifle while I was driving on route 84 in NE Conn in the mid 2000s. Missed my left hip by 18".

Idiots will be idiots, nothing any one of us can do about it. Its just being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Last edited:

CyberRich

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 FS CT AWD, 2019 M3, 2018 M3, 2015 MS 70D
Country flag
I would disagree that Tesla vandalism is commonplace as OP suggests. Yeah it looks bad when you see the videos, but there are hundreds of thousands of Teslas on the road. The instances of vandalism caught on video is relatively small in comparison. I would contend that other cars get damaged at the same rate. The difference is that they don't have onboard camera systems.

Early Cybertruck owners will need to be prepared for both cheers and jeers. Just comes with the territory.

T3slaDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, RWD Cybertruck
Country flag
I can't wait to see my sentry footage showing someone throwing a metal bar at the body only to have it bounce back and hot them in the face.

As far as windows go, just make sure your insurance has a good glass coverage plan (where I live it costs pennies for full glass coverage) and make sure Sentry is always on and you should be safe!

KuMX

First Name
Ku
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model X
Country flag
Sentry Mode and dashcam feature are really game changers in dealing with vandalism and at-fault accidents.

Cyber_Dav

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Siennas (2)
Country flag
Rather than damage, I'm thinking taggers (polite name for graffiti vandals) are already practicing this:

Tesla Cybertruck Vandalism concerns graffiti

and will 'decorate' any on their turf.

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
I don’t think we have to much to worry about spray paint. Maybe on the windows but not the stainless steel.

Nightf0rge

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Teacher, Blacksmith
Country flag

Can we get it to growl like ED-209 from Robocop?

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Rivian R1T QM, R1S QM, Zero S ZF
Occupation
Electric Bum
Country flag
I had similar concerns about my Aluminum bodied F150 when I first purchase it since Ford brag so much about its military grade aluminum but as times goes on, it was not to be...

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Rivian R1T QM, R1S QM, Zero S ZF
Occupation
Electric Bum
Country flag
I suggested a Flamethrower option but some very sensitive individual thought I was being over the top...How about just making the Flamethrower noise instead

hridge2020

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Aircraft Fixed/Rotary - Rocket/Missile/Spacecraft/Air Defense Scientist
Country flag
Good Morning. I bet we have all seen videos of people keying and coal rolling Teslas. They are the same people who park in charging spots with ICE. This type of misplaced anger is unfortunately pretty commonplace. I am concerned that people are going to try to test the integrity of the "bulletproof" truck. I am concerned that people are going to throw items at the windows to replicate the truck unveil. I love the truck and I am truly excited about the day that I get to configure it online. One concern, as we have seen, some people live to destroy beautiful things. Sorry to sound dramatic

I'm getting the Cyber Monkey option

Cyber Monkey Option

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 AWD LR M3, Tri-Motor Cybertruck
Country flag
Thought the same thing regarding morons thinking the window break at the reveal would be cool to replicate. Two deployable tasers (one each side) would be a fantasy option my darker side would love! Imagine how many 5 second "rides" a tri-motor battery version could string together until a little good manners were learnt! All joking aside, there will also be every dum dum wanting to challenge you to a tug of war to deal with. Problem with accepting the challenge is that people are mostly sore losers and so winning never means the end of it.

Cody the cat

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mercury Monterey
Occupation
Artist
Country flag
We all know Tesla haters are breathing the same air as we are. A Surprising amount unfortunately. I mean we don’t see a concentrated vandalism against Corollas. Again humans fear what they don’t understand.

Rambling point is, how many are concerned about a concentration of vandalism aimed at your CT? Yes sentry mode is there but that only sees the act, not prevent. The CT is built tough and rugged but vulnerable aspects still exist.
So I was just curious about what some of you people think about this and what preventions some might take.

Tesla Cybertruck Vandalism concerns 4BACB0D3-2BFC-4949-AE84-BCF4156F715B
Sponsored