stumby

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S P90D
Country flag
This whole time I've been wondering exactly why the glass broke, but saw this explanation by Musk today, even though it was posted several months back. Hopefully helpful for anyone else that didn't know the reason... it was because Franz hit the door with sledgehammer, which cracked the window base before the steel ball demonstration.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
This whole time I've been wondering exactly why the glass broke, but saw this explanation by Musk today, even though it was posted several months back. Hopefully helpful for anyone else that didn't know the reason... it was because Franz hit the door with sledgehammer, which cracked the window base before the steel ball demonstration.

and, I suppose that also somehow affected the back glass as well.

LyleC

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LR Discovery 2, Tesla MIC Model 3.
Country flag
Yes, I've been wondering about that explanation for a while. We did not see a sledge hammer hit to the back door either in the warm-up video or during the on stage demo. What does that explanation say about the isolation of front and rear doors?

I also note that in the warm-up video you can see the bare wheels without the wheel covers - one on the truck and one on the ground behind Franz.

Anyone else concerned that parking your CT in public places may invite sledge hammer and steel ball resistance tests by skeptical public?

Old Spice

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Polaris RZR
Country flag
Anyone else concerned that parking your CT in public places may invite sledge hammer and steel ball resistance tests by skeptical public?
There's definitely going to be knuckleheads out there who get this not so bright idea.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
I've been thinking that Tesla broke the glass on purpose to create buzz. It's probably not the case though because Hanz can't be that good of an actor. But, the result was clear. Cybertruck was talked about a bunch because of that snafu. Good job putting it on video.
Sponsored