Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
Maybe someone has mentioned this in the past, but I'm real curious what the triangle plastic lined water reservoir is used for?
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Maybe someone has mentioned this in the past, but I'm real curious what the triangle plastic lined water reservoir is used for?
No, I have heard no authoritative statement.

But lined pools are generally used for isolating liquid pollutants from the environment. White will help destroy most biohazards, but it's probably to be used to concentrate water-soluble excess from one of their solvent baths in the factory.

-Crissa

Luftpilot

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-350, HD Nightrod Special, Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Adventure nut
Country flag
Thanks again, Randy. Outstanding work!

Bond007

First Name
Bond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Now I found Randy's new parking spot while on the job. Towards the end of video.

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
Lining just shows that they don’t want it to percolate into the soil. It’s probably a retention basin for site rain runoff that hasn’t been treated. In California almost all runoff now gets treated before it leaves the site. Every large project now has some pre treatment and either retention for use as landscape water or it gets percolated back into the ground from drywells or bio retention basins or LID type planters.
Due to the ongoing construction they may not have installed a treatment system yet so they have to retain it. It could also be that due to the disturbance they have made to the land, in a large rain event, they need to buffer the flow of water off the site so it collects in that reservoir first.
Sponsored