Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Man, his list is good. His camera suggestion is keen, I wouldn't have thought of that until I jumped in it.

The midgate and aux/dynamic power are totally on my list.

I think a spare is best for a backpack rack, tho, since you need to get at it without unloading everything first.

-Crissa

Cyberpartyboy21

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Buick Enclave
Occupation
Soon to be retired
Country flag
Would there be room in the frunk for even a donut? If they are required to do side mirrors, I wonder if they could do a combo mirror/camera that slides out and retracts similar to the door handles on the Model S. Just something small enough to get by the mirror requirement, but main functionality would be in the wide angle camera itself. Night vision in the front camera would be great, too.

Reactions: Ryv

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
I want everything on that list. I think they can make the mid gate work unless it is a big monkey rench in manufacturing process. CT team may have the most problem with spare tire though. They have done a ton of ingenious innovations to shave an ounce here and there and create usable space. I think they will fight the spare idea. I have had two blown tires in the past 16 months so I won’t mind a little performance hit if I can get the tire. And I want full size. they could make sure Frunk can accommodate the tire and have it as an option. That way, they could keep their performance numbers. Unless that messes with crash test results.

egandalf

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
While I sometimes romanticize the idea of camping in the CT with my wife (who will never actually do it), the mid-gate is really no big deal to me, nor is the external/dynamic battery supply since we don't haul campers.

HOWEVER - I do haul a lot of random, weekend-warrior cargo in my pickup and I constantly worry about the status of items (anything sliding out? coming loose? bouncing over the sides?), so I would love to have the bed cam. That, though, might be a great accessory if Tesla doesn't provide it.

And given that I just had to have a tire repaired (happy holidays!)...yeah, a spare would be marvelous.

JHAWKER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
One tri-motor
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I would like to see the truck come with a trailer brake controller.

OneLapper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d Sportswagon
Country flag
I would like to see the truck come with a trailer brake controller.
I'm sure it'll have a integrated trailer brake controller included with the tow package.

I do wonder if the tow package will be extra, though. I imagine it will be an option.

CybertruckAgent

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag
Does it need to be said... ROUND WHEELS ELON!! In all seriousness, the CT would be a whole new level of badass with black steely style Mil-surp looking wheels. I would enjoy a HT tread pattern for more range and less tire whine at highway speeds.

mggoulet

First Name
Michel Goulet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck with 3 motors
Occupation
retired
Country flag
We have RFT (run flat tire) no need of spare tire... and we are too old to change tire... I like side mirors, back camera at top, and long range of 1,000 km or 600 miles... opening from bed to rear seats...

rodmacpherson

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Security Architect (IT/Infosec)
Country flag
Have you seen how clunky the standard way is?

SentinelOne

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
See Sig
Occupation
IT
Country flag

ScoobyDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck/ F150
Country flag
Motorized or not it's 100% better than traditional trucks - roll my bikes right in
My only concern is that its just another thing to break. I realize most 1/2 tons have some assist feature on the tailgate these days so I wouldn't be surprised if Cybertruck has a motor. I'm down as long as its rock solid reliable.
Also I wonder if they are gonna stick with the cable-less tail gate. When you've got 2-3, 200lb guys sitting/standing or what ever on the tailgate, that's a solid load that's unsupported.
Sponsored