I've got 5 on it (8K - 47k reservations)

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
I thought those were going to be fleet purchases. With the possible 5 seat configuration and smaller size I thought you were no longer considering them for your business.
I thought those were going to be fleet purchases. With the possible 5 seat configuration and smaller size I thought you were no longer considering them for your business.
They are not going to be used for the fleet thats accurate, though it was the intention when i paid people to hang out doing clicks at the reveal. Iā€™m Simply making a point.
being blacklisted is not some hard and fast rule that applies to everyone or every situation.
Bath faith good faith.
turoā€™d once/used in a photoshoot once etc.

If tesla doesnā€™t want anyone to make money off these but them, they better crank em out like they do model Ys. The reality is though, they donā€™t mind at all. Its free advertising.

also before my DMs get hammered by activists, it should be obvious at this point that I hang around here because of geniune enthusiasm. I want the CT to do well and I very much want one for myself and my siblings and nephews to have them for safety reasons alone.

I am excited to organize and likely sponsor a moab run next year and hopefully annually thereafter
Sponsored

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
They are not going to be used for the fleet thats accurate, though it was the intention when i paid people to hang out doing clicks at the reveal. Iā€™m Simply making a point.
being blacklisted is not some hard and fast rule that applies to everyone or every situation.
Bath faith good faith.
turoā€™d once/used in a photoshoot once etc.

If tesla doesnā€™t want anyone to make money off these but them, they better crank em out like they do model Ys. The reality is though, they donā€™t mind at all. Its free advertising.

also before my DMs get hammered by activists, it should be obvious at this point that I hang around here because of geniune enthusiasm. I want the CT to do well and I very much want one for myself and my siblings and nephews to have them for safety reasons alone.

I am excited to organize and likely sponsor a moab run next year and hopefully annually thereafter
I'm in!

WormtownKris

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, 2013 F150
Occupation
Outside Sales
Country flag
Interesting. I had the same experience as CyberExcursion on reveal night. I tried several times to place an order. Each time the process spit me out before I could see confirmation of my order. I ended up with 3 orders, which like others, I kept given the nominal $100 fee. If this was a common occurrence early reservations may be from a surprisingly small pool of OCD people like me who could not possibly put down their phone or laptop device without confirmation of success.
Plot twist: 69,420 of the first hour reservations were placed by the same 42 OCD people. After cancelations/ non-orders, everyone moves up 69,370 places in line! ;)

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
Place a second order now. Buy whatever they offer first. In 3 or 4 years when your second order fills, youā€™ll probably get all of your money back on the guest purchase because theyā€™ll still be back ordered more than a year.
Well... I did (RN119550223), but I'll be done RVing by that time, and living in Europe. So... šŸ˜¬

JoeRod97

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Camaro SS.Impala.BMW335i.HD Road King.Fatboy
Occupation
UPS driver..retired
Country flag
This is inline with my assumptions as well. Tesla would send out enough invites at a time to match their current production rate for a period of time (probably a month or so of production if I was to guess) and begin the order process on those vehicles.

They would then send out a second round of invites if not enough orders are placed from the first batch, since there would be a percentage of buyers who do not go through with the purchase at that time.

Where things can get tricky for them is when they drop a new trim in the future that people have been saving order configuration invites for, that is when they would have the potential for a backlog of placed orders verses production.

When they do get ready to release a new trim, they would likely send a notice email/sms blast to those with config invites who have not completed them notifying them of the new trim and asking them to place orders.
What about those who ordered single motor version. Are they going to bypass us.will they allow us to upgrade and not lose my place in line?

C T Rick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Dodge Sprinter 3500, 2015 Nissan NV 3500, 2013 Chevy Traverse
Occupation
Plumbing Contractor
Country flag
The DMV/ state would love you to flip vehicles. They make tax money on each private sale. Out here, itā€™s 9.5% sales tax rate and some places are 10.5% in neighboring cities.
Car gets flipped, itā€™s a quick extra 5-7K just for the tax. Then you have the income tax on the profits. Yes, lots of potential for big brother.

Believe it or not, when you sell a business, and it has vehicles included, those have to be re-registered , smog tested and taxed. Happened to a buddy of mine when he sold his plumbing business with 20 vehicles.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Believe it or not, when you sell a business, and it has vehicles included, those have to be re-registered , smog tested and taxed.
That sounds miserable... and like it would eat the entire margin!

Regenshire

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 RWD LR, Model Y Perf, CyberTruck AWD Order
Occupation
IT
Country flag
What about those who ordered single motor version. Are they going to bypass us.will they allow us to upgrade and not lose my place in line?
If it is like the Model 3, then you would get an invite and be able to configure a car from the options available at the time you receive the invite. If you don't want any of those available models, you would just not fill it out and wait.

That being said, I can't guarantee they won't do it differently this time. Maybe they will only send invites to those who picked the right model, but I don't think there is an incentive for them to do that. If Tesla did, it would mean all those who picked the wrong trim wouldn't be prompted to convert to a trim they are actually manufacturing.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
It's rumored that a FL resident made 300 Cybertruck reservations.

Joe King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cyber truck
Country flag
Congrats on 5 trucks!

Me? Flip the early VINā€™s for a nice profit and keep the 5th reservation. You may be able to purchase truck #5 with the profits made from trucks 1, 2, 3 and 4.
somebody forgot to read the purchase agreement.

(No Resellers; Disconī€œnuaī€œon; Cancellaī€œon. Tesla and its aļ¬ƒliates sell cars directly to end-consumers, and we may unilaterally cancel any order that we
believe has been made with a view toward resale of the Vehicle)

Joe King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cyber truck
Country flag
I have 3 early Cybertruck reservations so I have had nearly 4 years to come up with a strategy.

Any early reservation holder who is considering canceling their CT pre-order is throwing free money down the drain. Flip that sucka to a ā€œgotta have it nowā€ Cybertruck buyer.
Sponsored