VIN to Delivery (Estimate from Tesla)

lessbanking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
I just got off the phone with SC due to needing an updated loan application after the approval expired. I asked about the location of the vehicle and was told he could see the delivery date to the SC marked as "not confident" May 5th. Service guy shared that it was delivered to "Texas" from the Giga Factory April 22, then it goes to Jacksonville, FL then to Fort Myers, FL (where I'll be picking it up).

Config: February 15, 2024 (AWD)
VIN: April 22, 2024 (8800 range)
"Not Confident" Delivery Estimate: May 5, 2024

VIN to Delivery at Service Center: 13 Days ["Not Confident" Estimate]

Hope this helps provide some insight on the current rough timeline.
Sponsored

AnthonyJ

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Plaid
Country flag
I just got off the phone with SC due to needing an updated loan application after the approval expired. I asked about the location of the vehicle and was told he could see the delivery date to the SC marked as "not confident" May 5th. Service guy shared that it was delivered to "Texas" from the Giga Factory April 22, then it goes to Jacksonville, FL then to Fort Myers, FL (where I'll be picking it up).

Sounds about right. I was issued a VIN on April 3rd and it arrived at Fort Myers on April 15th. Stuck there waiting for an accelerator pedal with no ETA. Luckily your VIN is not affected.

mbrockus

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Model X
Country flag

My Vin has the same first two digits. I guess mid May is a realistic delivery window.

Cerberus

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model X, CyberBeast order in queue
Country flag
Makes sense 2 weeks VIN to delivery seems to be the rough expectation.
Best of luck

SteelMyHeart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag

I can say with certainty that all florida trucks go to Jacksonville by rail then semi trailer down south. My nannies husband is a truck driver that takes cybertrucks, other teslas etc. Watch for delivery dates for people in jax and then once they uave dates yours will probably be 5 to 10 days later.

themuleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Exp Max Ltd, 2021 Ford F350 Ltd
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
So disheartening to have configured in December or January but still waiting on a VIN. And then read this. I’m not sure I understand the point of reservation numbers/config dates, but there is obviously nothing sequential about them.

mark555055c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck AWD FS, 2019 Silverado Trail Boss
Country flag
So disheartening to have configured in December or January but still waiting on a VIN. And then read this. I’m not sure I understand the point of reservation numbers/config dates, but there is obviously nothing sequential about them.
For VIN/delivery, it's roughly this for order of operations.

Model(AWD or Cyberbeast)
State
Order date
reservation #

So an AWD ordered in California in Dec with a low res # is first. A cyberbeast ordered in Alaska in Feb with a higher res # is last. An AWD ordered in Minnesota in Jan with a low res # is probably right in the middle

Tesla seems to roughly of be going by state with highest sales. This websites charts that out, so this might help see where your state is for prioritization.. https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/tesla-sales-by-state

Last edited:

themuleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag

For VIN/delivery, it's roughly this for order of operations.

Model(AWD or Cyberbeast)
State
Order date
reservation #

So an AWD ordered in California in Dec with a low res # is first. A cyberbeast ordered in Alaska in Feb with a higher res # is last. An AWD ordered in Minnesota in Jan with a low res # is probably right in the middle

Tesla seems to roughly of be going by state with highest sales. This websites charts that out, so this might help see where your state is for prioritization.. https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/tesla-sales-by-state
I appreciate the attempt at clarification, but I think that makes it even more confusing. I suppose I'm not expecting a clear answer, as most of it all is speculation. They can do what they want; they are a private entity. This is probably more a symptom of my irritation with the lack of communication and reading about FSD coming down in price, amongst other things "included" with the FS.

mark555055c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck AWD FS, 2019 Silverado Trail Boss
Country flag
I appreciate the attempt at clarification, but I think that makes it even more confusing. I suppose I'm not expecting a clear answer, as most of it all is speculation. They can do what they want; they are a private entity. This is probably more a symptom of my irritation with the lack of communication and reading about FSD coming down in price, amongst other things "included" with the FS.
Yeah, who knows how they actually weight each of these factors, it's certainly confusing for the customer.

I would have preferred if they simply offered FS invites starting with lowest res #, and then deliver starting by earliest order date. Seems simple to me especially considering they are already delivering many other vehicles to every US state, so it's not like they would be sending one vehicle at a time or anything.

Last edited:

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Your order date is in your app, no need to forget when.

Right now it appears as if they are finishing up December and in some places starting January, so it's getting closer. Especially with production number evidently near 1,000/wk.

themuleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
Your order date is in your app, no need to forget when.

Right now it appears as if they are finishing up December and in some places starting January, so it's getting closer. Especially with production number evidently near 1,000/wk.
I realize the order date is in the app, I just don’t think there is much rhyme or reason to the ordering of it all, at least none that is communicated.

AnthonyJ

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Plaid
Country flag
10-14 days from VIN to your delivery center, delivery is usually 1 day to 1 year after that depending on if it needs a rivet in the pedal

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
I realize the order date is in the app, I just don’t think there is much rhyme or reason to the ordering of it all, at least none that is communicated.
Oh, there definitely is. First, remove anything that says CA or TX, they got priority.
From there, it appears that states are being weighted similarly now, but its always best to focus on just your state and the order dates. After you make an order, the reservation number are irrelevant.
So within your state, look for the order dates.
Right now, in general, it seems that Tesla is finishing up the December dates and starting Januarys. Sure, there may be a few one-offs along the way, just ignore them.

But if they are able to maintain anywhere near the 1,000 vehicles they did the first of April, orders are going to start fulfilling pretty quick. It took 3 months to get the first few thousand vehicles out, they are now moving to hopefully a few thousand a month.

But yes, keeping expectations low allows you to be much easier pleased.

Goof Luck,
Sponsored