Rocketman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 MYP
Country flag
I’ve heard of many people changing and then receiving a vin because the dealership they changed to had canceled orders or additional shipments
Yeah heard the same thing which is why I called. He didn’t give me enough confidence that I would get the VIN to compel me to change delivery location and test it out. Figured my VIN is just around the corner so why bother, but then again I’ve been saying that for a while and still no VIN……
Sponsored

Jmerwin

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
Under the registration tab at bottom.
When I click "Manage Order" then "View Registration" under Registration it lists my address. Under "Tesla Location" it lists the Irvine, CA location but then delivery address it lists my home address. Do you think this is delaying my vin? I tried to change the registration by editing it but it does not give me an option to chose delivery at Irvine but just defaulting to my home address.

T-1000

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, 2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic SUV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
When I click "Manage Order" then "View Registration" under Registration it lists my address. Under "Tesla Location" it lists the Irvine, CA location but then delivery address it lists my home address. Do you think this is delaying my vin? I tried to change the registration by editing it but it does not give me an option to chose delivery at Irvine but just defaulting to my home address.
Mine was the same here in TX. It listed a service center then my address as delivery address. I spoke with a rep regarding the same question and they said it does not matter as they are not doing any home deliveries at this time and it will use the service center listed as the delivery center.

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
nobody here would know.

BuzzBasswood

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model X Plaid, 2020 Model Y Performance
Country flag
My guess is the Tesla cracking down on flippers is what is causing short term cancellations. Also secondary market for people trying is falling so less incentive to break the rules. Supply and demand 101

savagecabbage

First Name
craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model x p100d, Chevy Volt
Country flag
Thanks to a great post by @savagecabbage , I was able to get my VIN and delivery 3 days after. If you’re in California and willing to travel, call Sunnyvale about their canceled Cybertrucks.

11/20/19 order
1/21 config SoCal
3/17 VIN (after calling)
3/20 Delivery!

This forum has been amazing! Thank all of you!!!
Glad I could help! I picked mine up this Friday. Truck is amazing! The tailgate is a little misaligned, other than that it is flawless. Service center will align the tailgate next week.

Futam84

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
Anybody know if it is possible to do this (changing pickup to Sunnyvale or Dublin) if you aren’t from California? I just called Tesla and the lady was very nice but said that it wasn’t possible and that I would have to pay double sales tax. While nice, she didn’t seem overly confident in her answer.

When I bought my first Tesla in 2018, I bought a showroom model out of Seattle, Washington (not my home state) and I didn’t have any issues nor did I have to pay Washington sales tax. Just curious if anyone outside of California has had success with this.
Sponsored