Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Great to see people getting these in Washington! Wish I knew why I'm behind
  1. Ordered within seconds and have a RN 11274
  2. Didn't receive option to order until 1/30, (No Vin)
  3. Own Two Model X's
  4. Paid 100 down, 1,000 design, and 10,523.37 payment on 2/9/24
  5. Dj out of my Model x for Space X events, and would be way cooler to be in a Cyber Truck.
  6. img-3723_orig.jpeg
How such early RN got such late invite…

Did you get the VIN? otherwise how were you be able to pay…
Sponsored

DjOtto

First Name
Otto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Sept 2017, Model X Dec. 2023
Occupation
Dj
Country flag
One thought though is that I did add on that I wanted the extended battery pack, and maybe the current electrical work doesnt have the connections for future add ons? I still have not seen anyone else who has made the bigger payment yet on a truck without a VIN. Anyone else in this boat?

Tesla Cybertruck WA waiting game Screenshot 2024-03-13 at 8.31.39 PM

cyberoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD, Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
Must be the DJ thing (joking).

I’m close to you (11274 RN), reserved while the site was crashing.

Invited to order 12/19, after seeing later reservation holders get the invite (frustrating).

Started wondering what the hell was going on 70 days after order and no VIN, so I called. VIN appeared in the app a few days later (3/4). I’m sure this was just a coincidence.

Completed all the steps in the app same day.

Now, I’m growing impatient again, even knowing the orders in WA have been delivered 16-17 days post VIN assignment.

For the transaction size, it sure would be nice to get a few more updates along the way, such as:

- Your CyberTruck is in our outbound lot.
- Your CyberTruck is in transit.
- Your CyberTruck has arrived at the local distribution center.
- Your CyberTruck will be ready for pick up in 5-15 days after post arrival inspection and clean up.

I know they have this info, but good luck getting anyone to share it. No email when the VIN was assigned. Had to check the app.

For all I know, it’s sitting somewhere in Seattle. Maybe it’s on a truck or train somewhere in between. I’m paid in full. What’s the harm in sharing more?

PPTMAKR

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X P90D, Mercedes GLS450
Country flag
Must be the DJ thing (joking).

I’m close to you (11274 RN), reserved while the site was crashing.

Invited to order 12/19, after seeing later reservation holders get the invite (frustrating).

Started wondering what the hell was going on 70 days after order and no VIN, so I called. VIN appeared in the app a few days later (3/4). I’m sure this was just a coincidence.

Completed all the steps in the app same day.

Now, I’m growing impatient again, even knowing the orders in WA have been delivered 16-17 days post VIN assignment.

For the transaction size, it sure would be nice to get a few more updates along the way, such as:

- Your CyberTruck is in our outbound lot.
- Your CyberTruck is in transit.
- Your CyberTruck has arrived at the local distribution center.
- Your CyberTruck will be ready for pick up in 5-15 days after post arrival inspection and clean up.

I know they have this info, but good luck getting anyone to share it. No email when the VIN was assigned. Had to check the app.

For all I know, it’s sitting somewhere in Seattle. Maybe it’s on a truck or train somewhere in between. I’m paid in full. What’s the harm in sharing more?
I too would really appreciate this sort of update stream, unprompted. They clearly know where the CTs are in process. It feels like they don't even care I've already waited 3,587 minutes since getting a VIN/paying for it...

DjOtto

First Name
Otto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Dj
Country flag
You already fully paid? Basically, sign papers and go? WOW.! I just wanted to be sure to take all the steps to get it as quick as possible. With TSLA in the 160's, and other stocks so low, I feel my money is better there, but thats another subject lol....

PPTMAKR

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You already fully paid? Basically, sign papers and go? WOW.! I just wanted to be sure to take all the steps to get it as quick as possible. With TSLA in the 160's, and other stocks so low, I feel my money is better there, but thats another subject lol....
Yeah once I got a VIN it took me to the Final Payment tab in the app and had me enter my checking account info, then money was gone the next day...and it now shows Amount Due: $0.00. Felt real at that point 😉

DjOtto

First Name
Otto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Dj
Country flag
I haven’t heard of anyone making that 10k payment without VIN, but not sure where to look.

cyberoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD, Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
I haven’t heard of anyone making that 10k payment without VIN, but not sure where to look.
What 10K are you referring to? I paid $1K when ordering then was prompted to pay the balance, including taxes and registration, after the VIN was assigned. Whether true or not, I paid to avoid delivery delays, per the app.

PPTMAKR

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What 10K are you referring to? I paid $1K when ordering then was prompted to pay the balance, including taxes and registration, after the VIN was assigned. Whether true or not, I paid to avoid delivery delays, per the app.
Me too ($100 in '19, $1k in Dec '23, ~$112k once VIN showed up).

Perhaps it's different for paying cash vs financing?

DjOtto

First Name
Otto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Dj
Country flag
Screen shot above. Selected finance and paid what I needed to pay.

DjOtto

First Name
Otto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Dj
Country flag
Finance right now with economy/stocks down.. For example, thought is that 110k in TSLA now is worth 220k by next year.

Spacenoddle

First Name
Nan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Finance right now with economy/stocks down.. For example, thought is that 110k in TSLA now is worth 220k by next year.
Then it does not make sense since obviously 10k should be the down payment but the loan most likely would be expired before your delivery.

PPTMAKR

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Makes cents. I like to think about when I paid cash for my first S or more recent X and the combined amount in stock at those times to now would've bought me a baker's dozen CTs. Oh well...Dave Ramsey would've been mad.
Sponsored