Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mercury Monterey
Occupation
Artist
Country flag
"Work Truck" trim levels of Ford and GM trucks can be configured with rubber floor instead of carpeted. But Tesla doesn't seem to offer the literally dozens of customizable options like the other mfg. do, so I predict they won't offer this option. The floor should be nice and flat, so probably a pretty easy retrofit.

I imagine WeatherTech will offer a set of floor liners for the CT. If so, that is a good option. They have a tray design that catches most everything. When they start getting "full" of melt water, sand, and dirt, you pull them out and dump and rinse.
Was thinking weather Tech as well. Aftermarket items for sure.
Sponsored

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
Both my trucks ('86 Toyota and '99 Dodge Ram") had the "carpet delete" option. Just vinyl flooring. Yes it's easy to clean, but there is one big downside.... if you drop/spill a large soda (like, then lid comes off), the it goes EVERYWHERE inside the vehicle.... don't ask how I know this.....

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
Before the CyberTruck was announced and I was planning on getting a Jeep Gladiator my plan was to remove carpets and bedline the interior. The Wrangler and Gladiator come with drain plugs already.

If you add drain plugs, it will not 'float' and could make fording wetter than it needs to be... but I think I have seen turn and pull up drain plugs you can add after market...

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
? Being able to hose out CT interior would be great. Design some drain points, dries in 30 min
That's the way my 69 Chevy truck and VW van were. Just sloped the rubberizes floors toward the doors. Really handy when I was into Motocross. Or tracking in mud and snow.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I would like to be able to get in the truck with my wetsuit still on and not worry about the consequences. I had seat covers for my old truck that worked pretty well, but it's the floor that I'm usually concerned with.
Although I rarely need to do this it would be awesome to be able to drive in a wet wetsuit, or some othe super grungy clothes, without worrying that I have destroyed my truck (or, worse, feeling the need to buy crappy seat covers). Same for my dogs!

thejohnllama

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Nissan Leaf, 2007 Toyota Prius
Occupation
Marketing Consultant
Country flag
Really hoping Cybertruck’s interior design is as durable and tough as the exterior. Muddy work boots and wet dogs with pokey claws should be a zero worry situation ?

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Or, if it is not standard, have a 'rough and tumble' interior, and a 'luxury' interior and let the person ordering decide.

I can see some marine grade fabric and foam for the seats, sealed dash and connectors, as well as sealed computer in the rough and tumble interior that will not care if the inside gets a little wet and can be cleaned our rather easily.

That alcantara does not look that durable or stain resistant, and wet leather seats sounds like a nightmare.

thejohnllama

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Nissan Leaf, 2007 Toyota Prius
Occupation
Marketing Consultant
Country flag
Or, if it is not standard, have a 'rough and tumble' interior, and a 'luxury' interior and let the person ordering decide.
Curious about people who would value luxury over utility in Cybertruck. Maybe I should post a poll...

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
If there is a cost savings, many fleet vehicles would be ordered with the rough and tumble interior...

Unless they are like contractor salesman cars, then they will have the luxury interior.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
My Tacoma came with carpet mats on top of carpet to keep the carpet clean. It also came with a Bedliner to protect the bed. If you have to add an additional to layer to protect the thing, the thing is poorly designed. There should never be a need for aftermarket parts to make anything functional as it's intended, that just means the OEM left money on the table for someone else.
I sure hope cybertruck comes with a durable hard floor that I can hose or blow out. Perhaps have to lift the truck on one side to make the water all run out. Then for the folks that want carpet ( me when I'm going to the opera) Tesla should make carpet mats that lock into place.
If weathertech can make rubber mats to protect carpet. They can make carpet mats if Tesla fails to do the right thing.
Sponsored