Cybercarlson

First Name
T.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
chevy K1500 decades ago, M3, MY, New Beetle
Country flag
As far as we know, they are not, have no plans to export the Model Y to Europe. They're waiting for the factory.

That's why you can't get one now. So it's not an Osborne moment, exactly.
@Crissa

It fellt different for me.... why? :
I was told in writing the model Y would be delivered eraly 2021....... that is, at least for a picky german, the first 2 quarters 21.
Erverything else would be miosleading for me.
I doubt that the factory in Berlin will be churning out Model Ys en mass by then, and they have a back log of orders all ready.
So I have to assume they will fill the rest of demand (e.g. my order) with cars from elswhere.
Meaning China most likely since Fremont is producing for the US Market (and at much higher cost...)
So it is still a big red stop sign for me ordering a Y now, until I am sure it will be made with the structural battery pack (preferrably in the EU).

Regarding your answer to CT EU licensing I seem to have misunderstood your:
"EU Citys will not allow CT..."

It is clear that there are restrictions regarding some aspects (length, wight, emissions)in some spots. That is normal.
But it does not mean just because you are not allowed inside the old part of Barcelona with a SEMI such a vehicle will not be street legal in the EU and there fore we should just get a "Wolverine SEMI"...

I am a fan of honest words. I would have appreciated it if Elon would have said something in the line of:
" We have >500.000 orders from the USA alone and will fill them first".
The rest of the world will have to wait 3 Years (or till we build the CT also in Berlin and China)."

Then I could react and proceed with my USA Roadtrip Plan in 2022.....
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
The China factory produces for China. They use different batteries, even.

They plan on fulfilling orders in Europe from the German factory.

And yes, they have a very aggressive schedule planned for their factories.

There's been no plans to ship Model Y from Fremont. That adds about 5-10k to the price.

-Crissa

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
@Crissa

It fellt different for me.... why? :
I was told in writing the model Y would be delivered eraly 2021....... that is, at least for a picky german, the first 2 quarters 21.
Erverything else would be miosleading for me.
I doubt that the factory in Berlin will be churning out Model Ys en mass by then, and they have a back log of orders all ready.
So I have to assume they will fill the rest of demand (e.g. my order) with cars from elswhere.
Meaning China most likely since Fremont is producing for the US Market (and at much higher cost...)
So it is still a big red stop sign for me ordering a Y now, until I am sure it will be made with the structural battery pack (preferrably in the EU).

Regarding your answer to CT EU licensing I seem to have misunderstood your:
"EU Citys will not allow CT..."

It is clear that there are restrictions regarding some aspects (length, wight, emissions)in some spots. That is normal.
But it does not mean just because you are not allowed inside the old part of Barcelona with a SEMI such a vehicle will not be street legal in the EU and there fore we should just get a "Wolverine SEMI"...

I am a fan of honest words. I would have appreciated it if Elon would have said something in the line of:
" We have >500.000 orders from the USA alone and will fill them first".
The rest of the world will have to wait 3 Years (or till we build the CT also in Berlin and China)."

Then I could react and proceed with my USA Roadtrip Plan in 2022.....

Stop into Omaha, Nebraska on your USA journey. We’ll share a meal and talk all things Cybertruck, Tesla, Germany, etc.

Cebliminal

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R/T Durango, Harley Davidsons, Toyota Tundra 4x4 put deposit down for Cybertruck
Occupation
Executive Chef/Food & Beverage Director
Country flag
If the new battery tech is not in the 1st cybertrucks it will kill me but I will cancel my order and wait.

mggoulet

First Name
Michel Goulet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck with 3 motors
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Don't forget to watch Battery Day starting at 1330 Pacific Time - 1430 Mountain Time - 1530 Central Time - 1630 Eastern Time

Livestream on Tesla's website https://www.tesla.com/2020shareholdermeeting

STREAMS

Now You Know feed (with commentary)

Here's what Tesla brought out for display at Battery Day.

eii6fr-xgaawhz0-jpeg.jpg

eii6ftxwsaabaif-jpeg.jpg

eii6fr3xcaeyszn-jpeg.jpg

eii6fr3xcamx_9v-jpeg.jpg
I wish ct trimotor will get 750 miles range...!!!
Don't forget to watch Battery Day starting at 1330 Pacific Time - 1430 Mountain Time - 1530 Central Time - 1630 Eastern Time

Livestream on Tesla's website https://www.tesla.com/2020shareholdermeeting

STREAMS

Now You Know feed (with commentary)

Here's what Tesla brought out for display at Battery Day.

eii6fr-xgaawhz0-jpeg.jpg

eii6ftxwsaabaif-jpeg.jpg

eii6fr3xcaeyszn-jpeg.jpg

eii6fr3xcamx_9v-jpeg.jpg
I wish ct 3 motors will get 750 miles range.

KendrickMB

First Name
Kendrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Chevy Trax, 2012 Ford Explorer
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
If the new battery tech is not in the 1st cybertrucks it will kill me but I will cancel my order and wait.
I assume the CT's specs were based on the new developments. This work can't be brand new to them, so I think they designed the CT with the new tech/production in mind. I could be wrong, but that would explain the truck's specs to price value compared to the 3 and Y.

Cybercarlson

First Name
T.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
chevy K1500 decades ago, M3, MY, New Beetle
Country flag
The main reason CT probably doesn't meet EU spec is that it will have a GVM over 3.5 metric tons. That means you need a heavier drivers licence in most of EU to drive it.
This is correct for new drivers.... and most other parts of europe.

But in Germany all people who made their car licence (Klasse 3) last century (like me) are allowed to drive vehicles up to 7.5 metric tons + tow a heavy trailer.
Bringing the total CGVW above 11 metric tons (>14+ ton with (inline) air break).

Those licences are valid until 2033 (then you have to swith your license to the new format but are still allowed to keep on trucking)
And beleeve it or not we do not have a mandatory medical or other exame for older licence holders....:eek: That is scary.

Meaning there are several hundretthousand potential customers that can legaly drive the cybertruck.
Even with a havy trailer and higher CGVW than US Citizen are allowed.?

And yes (without trailer) they can "put the pedal to the metall", to unleash the full potential of TriMot Plaid, on the Autobahn (<3% of the Autobahnlength, but who cares).....
:rolleyes: crazy germans...

Consider they have the money and time to do it too.

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
On Battery Day Musk said that these would be in the CT and Semi. I listened to Ride the Lightning podcast today with the summary and that was one of the topics.

Cebliminal

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R/T Durango, Harley Davidsons, Toyota Tundra 4x4 put deposit down for Cybertruck
Occupation
Executive Chef/Food & Beverage Director
Country flag
On Battery Day Musk said that these would be in the CT and Semi. I listened to Ride the Lightning podcast today with the summary and that was one of the topics.
That will be great I listen to ride the lightning also have not listened to battery day update yet. Thanks bro

Frank W

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Retired Army 1975-1997
Country flag
I use Robinhood. I have since it became available. Relatively good program but I wouldn't use it if I was someone who did day trading. Also I really just use it for Investments into Tesla.
Just wanted to give you a update that I joined Robinhood and the one free stock that they gave me was 1 share of.....FORD! Wish I could trade it for TSLA! While I wait for funds to be transferred they allowed $1000. so I own 2 1/2 shares so far. Hopefully they get the transfer sooner than the expected 1 Oct. Thanks again and I looking forward to seeing some gains.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Just wanted to give you a update that I joined Robinhood and the one free stock that they gave me was 1 share of.....FORD! Wish I could trade it for TSLA! While I wait for funds to be transferred they allowed $1000. so I own 2 1/2 shares so far. Hopefully they get the transfer sooner than the expected 1 Oct. Thanks again and I looking forward to seeing some gains.
Very nice! when I first joined they gave me Groupon lol. Yeah I usually add money per pay period and let it build up some until I'm ready to pounce on a good price.

Frank W

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Retired Army 1975-1997
Country flag
Very nice! when I first joined they gave me Groupon lol. Yeah I usually add money per pay period and let it build up some until I'm ready to pounce on a good price.
Sounds like smart thinking to me! I am late to the game but I believe in the company 100% so I am looking forward to the purchase.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
This is correct for new drivers.... and most other parts of europe.

But in Germany all people who made their car licence (Klasse 3) last century (like me) are allowed to drive vehicles up to 7.5 metric tons + tow a heavy trailer.
Bringing the total CGVW above 11 metric tons (>14+ ton with (inline) air break).
My dad has one of those old German licences as well. In Australia you can have 4.5ton vehicle and up to 9ton trailer if the vehicle is allowed to tow that much. So with the CT here we should really get the full trimotor tow rating.

Frank W

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Retired Army 1975-1997
Country flag
I use Robinhood. I have since it became available. Relatively good program but I wouldn't use it if I was someone who did day trading. Also I really just use it for Investments into Tesla.
I see that there was some news regarding some people that had their accounts hacked and then Robinhood doesn’t have a actual phone number to call for help. I already have $$ invested there on TSLA and am in the process of stopping another transfer to them over this. I saw a YouTube video this morning reporting the issue and a quick search indicated it being reported on several places.
Sponsored

Last edited: