We ordered a Cybertruck on night of release for single motor. Can we switch and not lose place in line?

Enita11Ed

First Name
Enita
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cypertruck
Country flag
We ordered a Cybertruck on night of release for single motor thinking it will be produced first and we wanted to switch to the dual motor. Can we switch and not lose place in line?
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Probably. It doesn't change your order number.

When Tesla opens for order finalization, they usually prompt people to upgrade to the available model if their configuration isn't yet ready.

-Crissa

OP
OP

Enita11Ed

First Name
Enita
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cypertruck
Country flag
Probably. It doesn't change your order number.

When Tesla opens for order finalization, they usually prompt people to upgrade to the available model if their configuration isn't yet ready.

-Crissa
Thank you! ? I’m super excited for my Cybertruck!

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
With the 3, reservation number mattered within the geographic release. There were so many buyers in Oregon and California that they all had to stand in line.

With the Y, geography didn't matter as much, as they had a robust shipping network in place. The served regions were much larger.

But yes, if your trim wasn't offered yet, they wouldsuggest you upgrade.

They send out batch requests to 'finalize' the order based ongeogrphic zones, and people with unserved trim or higher reservation numbers are in the later batches.

-Crissa

Wendell

First Name
Wendell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Leaf, 97 GMC truck
Country flag
I have changed my specifications. Just login into the tesla web site and "Manage" your cybertruck order. There is an option (in a pretty small font) to "edit design".

Gvardaman

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW 330ci, VW Corrado (non-op)
Occupation
Country flag
If you look at your order, at the bottom there is an option to edit your order. The only difference might be that the cost of FSD has gone up, so I don’t know if changing tp add that feature would be at the cost of FSD at the time of your original order or the more current price.
When they start production, there will be more options available, so I expect another shot at adding features at that time. Most companies are happy for you to spend more...
Sponsored