What Aftermarket Wheels Are You Thinking About for Your CT?

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
I'm most likely going to pick my own wheel set to put on. I'm guessing Cybertruck's stock wheels and tires will be desirable, making them an easy sell.

I'm going for 35" or 37" BF Goodrich KM3 tires. I've used a version of KMs since 1999. They've been GOLD.

Tesla Cybertruck What Aftermarket Wheels Are You Thinking About for Your CT? PRO1015203_A0_040Z3C27

Tesla Cybertruck What Aftermarket Wheels Are You Thinking About for Your CT? maxresdefault

For wheels, a set of Fuel Assault with a deep cavity, if they can fit. They look like they were made for the CT.

Tesla Cybertruck What Aftermarket Wheels Are You Thinking About for Your CT? omLeft%2C0%2C35_SCLZZZZZZZ_FMpng_BG255%2C255%2C255

Tesla Cybertruck What Aftermarket Wheels Are You Thinking About for Your CT? FUEL_Assualt_GLS-BLK_20x10_FAce_500

Tesla Cybertruck What Aftermarket Wheels Are You Thinking About for Your CT? FUEL_Assualt_GLS-BLK_20x10_A2_500

How about you?
Sponsored

android04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD, Tesla Cybertruck Tri-motor (reserved)
Country flag
If I needed another set of wheels for Cybertruck, I'd probably choose from what Black Rhino Wheels has to offer. I really like a lot of their wheels.

CybertruckAgent

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag
I'm most likely going to pick my own wheel set to put on. I'm guessing Cybertruck's stock wheels and tires will be desirable, making them an easy sell.

I'm going for 35" or 37" BF Goodrich KM3 tires. I've used a version of KMs since 1999. They've been GOLD.

PRO1015203_A0_040Z3C27.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

For wheels, a set of Fuel Assault with a deep cavity, if they can fit. They look like they were made for the CT.

omLeft%2C0%2C35_SCLZZZZZZZ_FMpng_BG255%2C255%2C255.png

FUEL_Assualt_GLS-BLK_20x10_FAce_500.png

FUEL_Assualt_GLS-BLK_20x10_A2_500.png

How about you?
I would not change wheels outside of OEM spec on any car, but especially not an EV or 4x4, however if I had to, there is but one option: Armory wheels from Black Rhino

Tesla Cybertruck What Aftermarket Wheels Are You Thinking About for Your CT? 4FE0FC39-F02A-450E-ABC4-C05FCFAADF55

CybertruckAgent

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag
I would not change wheels outside of OEM spec on any car, but especially not an EV or 4x4, however if I had to, there is but one option: Armory wheels from Black Rhino

4FE0FC39-F02A-450E-ABC4-C05FCFAADF55.jpeg
And these are what CT would come with from the factory if it were really a “tank from the future”…

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
I would keep OEM wheels until I needed beedlockers.
Now, I might keep two sets of oem wheels, one with road tires (ie, all season, low rolling resistance) and one with off road tires (since off road only, Nitto Trail or Mud grapplers (or something similarly aggressive).
Also considering my full size spare options...

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I have to make up my mind how much actual 4WD I would actually do in it. Previous truck it was just for forest roads if I did that, I'd stick with stock. If I started doing more off-roading I'd probably change things up.

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I have to make up my mind how much actual 4WD I would actually do in it. Previous truck it was just for forest roads if I did that, I'd stick with stock. If I started doing more off-roading I'd probably change things up.
There were many off road trails I went on that I could have done in my subaru... or at most, one or two spots that would have been hairy...

And there were others that would have had multiple opportunity to high center or bash the front of the subaru off and I would be calling one of those very expensive off road tow truck companies...

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
There were many off road trails I went on that I could have done in my subaru... or at most, one or two spots that would have been hairy...

And there were others that would have had multiple opportunity to high center or bash the front of the subaru off and I would be calling one of those very expensive off road tow truck companies...
I've taken my Subaru some pretty sketchy places but haven't really taken it places where the point was to challenge my driving and my vehicle.

And that is the big question. Will I be seeking out trouble or just going the sort of places where I would occasionally need 4WD?

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
I've had a couple of vehicles with "Mag wheels".
The Cragar S/S style was always my favorite.
I had a used set on my 70 Plymouth Duster that came off a 68 Mustang.
If I go aftermarket they will be my pick with the stock tires.
Tesla Cybertruck What Aftermarket Wheels Are You Thinking About for Your CT? 1640497169110

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I personally plan more over landing than rock crawling or mud bogging, but sometimes you run into situations and having options are nice…

rodmacpherson

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Security Architect (IT/Infosec)
Country flag
I'm gonna wait and see what wheels it comes with first.
Sponsored