What is this on Cybertruck's rear wheel?

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
It's swamp gas reflecting off Venus...

OP
OP
HaulingAss

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
Is that a lot of money to you?

Lars is one of the Youtuber's that covers Tesla that actually gets it. Most of his content is free AFAIK, I just subscribed to support what he's doing. It's his full time job and his coverage is better than anything CNBC puts out. I only watch clips of CNBC just to see what most of America is being told about Tesla. Lars is way better. I also think it's cool that he's not biased to cars made in his home country of Germany - he just tells it how it is.

What specifically made you think his coverage was "crap"?

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Is that a lot of money to you?

Lars is one of the Youtuber's that covers Tesla that actually gets it. Most of his content is free AFAIK, I just subscribed to support what he's doing. It's his full time job and his coverage is better than anything CNBC puts out. I only watch clips of CNBC just to see what most of America is being told about Tesla. Lars is way better. I also think it's cool that he's not biased to cars made in his home country of Germany - he just tells it how it is.

What specifically made you think his coverage was "crap"?

I like Lars' BestInTESLA videos but I thought he lived in Denmark.

Did Lars move or maybe he is German and moved to Denmark?

---------------------

Intro: Lars Strandridder as guest speaker at Swedish Tesla Meet
Jul 4, 2021
ISODOOR

---------------------

BestInTESLA
https://www.youtube.com/c/BestInTESLA/videos?view=0&sort=dd&flow=grid

---------------------

OP
OP
HaulingAss

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I like Lars' BestInTESLA videos but I thought he lived in Denmark.

Did Lars move or maybe he is German and moved to Denmark?
I'm not sure. I thought he was German but I don't know why I thought that. I was always surprised he doesn't seem to have a German accent so maybe he's Danish.

OP
OP
HaulingAss

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes, paying a guy $24 a year to flap his lips without doing any original research seems a bit steep to me, yeah.

-Crissa
As an investor one needs original research and analysis. Information on Tesla spreads like wildfire and so is relatively low value but good analysis is not nearly as common. $24/year is insignificant in the greater scheme of things and I didn't subscribe to get better access to his analysis (although I do enjoy his presentation style), I subscribed because I wanted to send a little money his way.

I support a lot of things I believe in. I gave $100 to a guy I barely knew, no strings attached, because I realized it would make a lot more difference in his life than mine and there was no downside. I don't miss the money but it really brightened his day (you should have seen his face) and even his month (he was having income difficulty due to COVID).

Nothing wrong with helping each other out.

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I'd rather give it to Tesla Daily, Munro Live, or The Limiting Factor. But your tastes may vary.

-Crissa

PS, YouTube takes a huge chunk of a $1.99, taking 30% and of course taxes are paid on the gross that channels make, so that's ouch.

Last edited:

OP
OP
HaulingAss

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'd rather give it to Tesla Daily, Munro Live, or The Limiting Factor. But your tastes may vary.

-Crissa

PS, YouTube takes a huge chunk of a $1.99, taking 30% and of course taxes are paid on the gross that channels make, so that's ouch.
I like to spread it around too!

I don't mind the platform taking their cut, they have to run the servers (or pay someone else to do it) and handle all the transactions, send out the checks, etc. They are the reason I'm able to get the content I watch. I remember when all we had was network TV! I basically didn't watch it because it was all crap.

So much better now!

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I like to spread it around too!

I don't mind the platform taking their cut, they have to run the servers (or pay someone else to do it) and handle all the transactions, send out the checks, etc. They are the reason I'm able to get the content I watch. I remember when all we had was network TV! I basically didn't watch it because it was all crap.

So much better now!
They take a rather large cut. One might notice that since they've been taking this large cut, their service has been worse to those hosting media on their platform.

And I already pay YouTube.

-Crissa
Sponsored