What will happen to my 2019 reservation?

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Operator
Country flag
I looked on the boards and could find the answer to this question. Are we still in line or do we have to register again? Please help. Thank you for your time.
Sponsored

OP
OP
First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Operator
Country flag
You must be the tesla admin because I just got my email 5 mins ago lol thank you for your fast response! I can't wait!

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
I literally just received the email. Except, I purchased a Y at the beginning of the year. No $1,000 for me 🙁

CybertruckCovers

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cybertruckcovers.com
Vehicles
Foundation Series CyberBeast (Order Confirmed)
Occupation
Cybertruck Parts & Accessories Development
Country flag
I'm kind of confused by this email. Does this mean the new order you are supposed to place before December 31st is for your original Cybertruck... again, or is this supposed to be a new order for "any other Tesla" to get $1000 off that "any other Tesla" in the meantime?

radonculous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X
Country flag
I placed a $100 reservation in 11/2019. I see the confirmation number starting with 'R' in my Tesla account.

I still have not received the aforementioned email from Telsa at this time--should I take reach out or just wait (if others are also in the same boat). Thanks.

Last edited:

donnyb

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Foundation AWD, Model Y
Country flag
I placed a $100 reservation in 11/2019. I see the confirmation number starting with 'R' in my Tesla account.

I still have not received the aforementioned email from Telsa at this time--should I take reach out or just wait (if others are also in the same boat). Thanks.
I didn't get the email either. I am thinking this because I have a low RN right around 7000. I think I have about 4-6 months before delivery. Maybe you're the same.

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
I reserved a tri-motor the night of the reveal, then in July when the rumors about the first ones delivered would be ~300 mile range versions with longer range coming later, I reserved another (no version choice available) so that I could get a low range model initially and be in line for the higher mileage version when it came out. After the delivery event I slapped down a $250 deposit on a AWD just in case they skipped the Tri-motor reservees delivering Dual-motors early? Deposits are refundable. 🤷🏽

Interestingly... I got the $1000 discount email 24 minutes after placing my 3rd order. 🤔

Covering all my bases. Now I need to know how to get in the queue for the Range-extender. Full time RVing makes me sure I'll need it.

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
I didn't get the email either. I am thinking this because I have a low RN right around 7000. I think I have about 4-6 months before delivery. Maybe you're the same.
I would see it as promising if early depositors don't get the $1000 email. If Tesla thinks low RNs will be getting their trucks soon, those people likely wouldn't buy a car for such a short interim.

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag

The $1000 discount announcement states:
"*Active Cybertruck reservations placed before November 30, 2023, qualify for $1,000 off any new Model S, Model 3, Model X or Model Y ordered by December 31, 2023."

If you WANT to buy a new Tesla before Jan. 1 2024, I'd tell your sales associate that you want the discount. Tesla has said you're eligible.

donnyb

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Foundation AWD, Model Y
Country flag
I reserved a tri-motor the night of the reveal, then in July when the rumors about the first ones delivered would be ~300 mile range versions with longer range coming later, I reserved another (no version choice available) so that I could get a low range model initially and be in line for the higher mileage version when it came out. After the delivery event I slapped down a $250 deposit on a AWD just in case they skipped the Tri-motor reservees delivering Dual-motors early? Deposits are refundable. 🤷🏽

Interestingly... I got the $1000 discount email 24 minutes after placing my 3rd order. 🤔

Covering all my bases. Now I need to know how to get in the queue for the Range-extender. Full time RVing makes me sure I'll need it.
I ordered the tri-motor on the reveal day. I have been doing a little research and should be able to switch my order to the dual-motor once I am invited to configure my CT. Tesla can't expect buys to stay with the same version of the CT after 4 years, not making the 500+ miles, and a $30k bump in price.
I guess Tesla might send out an email to easy adopters verifying which version of the CT you want. I believe the reservation is just a spot in line and not a real pre-order. This might make some people upset if someone ahead in line might switch to a dual-motor from a tri-motor. May push some people further in the queue. But if you ordered a tri-motor and further in the reservation line you might get early than expected. This is based on the dual-motor being the sweet spot for the CT and my opinion (or hope).
Sponsored