What happens to my reservation if I don't get the Foundation Series?

CyberSleuth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hot Wheels 1:10 Cybertruck
Country flag
Apologies if this has been explained elsewhere, but I couldn't find a clear answer. I've received the "Your Foundation Series CT is ready to order" email, but don't want it. I'm sure many of you don't want to pay the extra bucks either.

If I ignore this email invite will I still have early access to the standard dual motor version later? Another email invite in Q2 maybe?
Sponsored

CyberT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR RWD
Occupation
Service Technician
Country flag
Same boat here. I assume we will go to the head of the list once Standard AWD versions will be sold. With this 20,000 Foundation Series number that people keep repeating. It very well could be the 2nd half of 24 before we see our trucks

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Apologies if this has been explained elsewhere, but I couldn't find a clear answer. I've received the "Your Foundation Series CT is ready to order" email, but don't want it. I'm sure many of you don't want to pay the extra bucks either.

If I ignore this email invite will I still have early access to the standard dual motor version later? Another email invite in Q2 maybe?
I can't see Tesla doing anything but recycling the invites to configure when the price drops $20K. Why would they make you lose your place?

In other words, just don't respond and keep waiting. The Foundation Series is not what you reserved so you have no obligation to respond to avoid losing your place.

mrbulk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S75D
Country flag
They should have included a Wait option so that one could clearly indicate this. I mean, what if you don't respond and they think it's a bad e-mail or something?

Nabilriaz69

First Name
Nabil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model x
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag

If I were you I would place the order , and wait for VIN assigned , that time you can ask Tesla that you want to wait, they may put you some hold and may change your order
With lack of information it is anyone guess here

Art138

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP,Ferrari Pista,Ford GT & CYBERBEAST ordered
Country flag
If I were you I would place the order , and wait for VIN assigned , that time you can ask Tesla that you want to wait, they may put you some hold and may change your order
With lack of information it is anyone guess here
Once Vin is assigned does he lose his 1000k deposit? Does his orginal RN number disappear? He might get screwed…..might be better to hold on to his orginal RN number for the next round.

Nabilriaz69

First Name
Nabil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model x
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Once Vin is assigned does he lose his 1000k deposit? Does his orginal RN number disappear? He might get screwed…..might be better to hold on to his orginal RN number for the next round.
Yes RN will disappear once order is placed
He will lose his $1000 if he cancels the order
If someone says Tesla can’t take delivery , wants to hold etc , they communicate.
The part is unclear here if someone does not respond to invitation , does Tesla resend another invitation, and Tesla has to assume that person did not want Foundation series that is why didn’t order on first invitation.
So many things and main problem is lack of clarity and communication

Dpargento

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I have the same email, does someone want to buy a dual motor foundation series now? This is way over budget.
Sponsored