CyBrNrD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybrtrk, aptera reserved
Occupation
Nurse Informaticist
Country flag
I'm assuming your reservation holds your place in line for whatever build you specify.

So the initial priority will be those who chose the quad motor and have the earliest reservation numbers.

Then the priority (if it follows past releases) might be geographic during the quarter. For Model 3, priority was given to orders reasonably near the factory first (up and down the west coast first, then right near the factory at the end of the quarter). Maybe they will get away from this for CT, who knows.

They also batched paint colors, but CT has no paint, so that can't apply (unless they do black, I suppose).
I'm thinking Truck Liner spray! LoL. Mess with the aerodynamics, why wouldn't we?!?
Sponsored

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I'm thinking Truck Liner spray! LoL. Mess with the aerodynamics, why wouldn't we?!?
I’d considered that, but I think if I bother with something it will be a wrap. Truck liner is tough to remove, a wrap can be replaced fairly easily.

TruckDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri-motor
Country flag
$100 x .25% which is what my old bank paid for 2 years which is fifty cents.

If you have been staying up late at night worrying about a penny every 15 days for 2 years, maybe don't sign up.

A new truck is not your thing if you're worried about what your $100 is worth.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag

If you have been staying up late at night worrying about a penny every 15 days for 2 years, maybe don't sign up.

If I bought a Tesla stock share instead of reserving, and I did not panic sell a couple times, I would have an extra zero.

Just think if we could reserve instead with one share purchase?

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
If I bought a Tesla stock share instead of reserving, and I did not panic sell a couple times, I would have an extra zero.

Just think if we could reserve instead with one share purchase?
I’d trade you my spare Cybertruck reservation for $100 worth of Tesla stock in November 2019.

TruckDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri-motor
Country flag
I think all of us are going to be kicking ourselves in the rear for buying a truck instead of buying $80k in TSLA and holding 10 years from now when you could have had 5 "free" improved Cybertrucks.

OP
OP
rizvend

rizvend

First Name
CyBrNrD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybrtrk, aptera reserved
Occupation
Nurse Informaticist
Country flag

Who's worried?

Qball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I think all of us are going to be kicking ourselves in the rear for buying a truck instead of buying $80k in TSLA and holding 10 years from now when you could have had 5 "free" improved Cybertrucks.
no one set aside 80k for the truck, it’s only 100 bucks. I do have descent amount of Tesla stock but I’ll be holding them for a long while. I have 2 reservations and 1 of them will help make other one cheaper.

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
no one set aside 80k for the truck, it’s only 100 bucks. I do have descent amount of Tesla stock built I’ll be holding them for a long while. I have 2 reservations and 1 of them will help make other one cheaper.
There are definitely people who have saved up specifically for a Tesla truck. On this forum at least one member had a hand drawn bar chart. Another was asking if it was best to buy shares or just use savings. Personally, I have a separate investing account which is my “truck fund”.

Some people might have a fallback plan (I do), but others will not.

Others simply have a budget and know they can afford a $X00/ month payment for a vehicle.

This idea that people can just flex their spend on a vehicle by 10s of thousands is silly.

Qball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
There are definitely people who have saved up specifically for a Tesla truck. On this forum at least one member had a hand drawn bar chart. Another was asking if it was best to buy shares or just use savings. Personally, I have a separate investing account which is my “truck fund”.

Some people might have a fallback plan (I do), but others will not.

Others simply have a budget and know they can afford a $X00/ month payment for a vehicle.

This idea that people can just flex their spend on a vehicle by 10s of thousands is silly.

most who have 80k spare change for the truck would be smart enough to put it in an investment account. Those who put money under their mattress will find a rude awakening after this year…..oh wait, we are there already.

Last edited:

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
I went ahead with the model Y since I would guess we're probably at least 1.5 years out from the cyber truck mass deliveries and I can start saving money now instead of throwing it away down my fuel tank.

Unless my wife wants to take on the model Y, my plan is to trade in the Y for the CT when the time comes. I'm kind of hoping I can up my dual motor reservation to a quad motor without losing my place, I'm about 2600 for the dual motor as of now.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
most who have 80k spare change for the truck would be smart enough to put it in an investment account. Those who put money under their mattress will find a rude awakening after this year…..oh wait, we are there already.
You make zero sense.

It doesn’t matter if it’s cash under the pillow or in a savings account or an investment account.

Also already where?

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
The changes may be Tesla's "excuse" to save face when they announce a price increase.
Or the changes may be Tesla's habit of making the released product even better than the announced product for the same price. If Tesla's past history is a guide.
Sponsored