Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S - P100D
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The CT design is so futuristic that it may change the truck design landscape of the big 3. However it has a long way to go in providing The needed features that truck owners are gong to want. The prototype is lacking so many Design things yet be released before they start production.
Sponsored

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
@Luke42 nails where the automotive direction is aimed.
S3XY each have decade ahead in production. Model S and Y more decades.
kev is Tesla Subaru killer EV for $25000
kev enables International models
Cyber-as-platform enables:
CyberTrk
Van ( hi-cube)( flat bed)
SUV (2door Sport UTILITY Veh)

Elon wants out of building 3 Tera Factories every year. Tesla will be aggressively over-delivering in the EV market, building co-development EV(i.e.Toyota) and selling Tesla AIRobotics to co-development partners. Mass market economies of scale as fast as robotically possible is Elon’s goal. Cost, cost, cost reduction drives EV transition not $100k EV’s.

Over the horizon, Tesla looks like a small volume car builder by choice. Suppling AI, robotics, software and using integrated solutions to manufacturers, infrastrucure(Grid) and VPP systems to 3X available electricity for EV transition.

Tesla battery is the new V8. PoE the next change in EV manufacture. AI, Tesla have options none of which have determinable shape. But robotics Elon likes taxi, fleet and energy mass markets for achieving economies of scale.

TSLA will build depth as Elon turns! TSLA is heading Tesla into AIRobotics. Tesla Energy IPO, Tesla Battery IPO, Tesla Motors IPO could all stand on their own.

What will be the next 10X paradigm shift? IDK Elon likes AI scared AI could jump exponentially.

rodmacpherson

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Security Architect (IT/Infosec)
Country flag
But as we all know, after a few years, every car/truck manufacturer has to change the design to update it and keep it from getting boring. So, after five or so years of production, it's only logical that Elon will think about changing things up.
I think that is an unnecessary assumption. The reason to change things cosmetically is if sales are in need of a boost. So far Tesla has been able to sell everything they build without resorting to change for the sake of change, or massive advertising blitzes, or 0% finance deals, or any of the usual car sales tricks. Model S has looked essentially the same for nearly a decade. If you are already selling them as fast as you can make them why spend the money to give it a new look?

TK0384

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Scion xB
Country flag
I'd like to see the continuation of the Cyber theme across other vehicle classes. The CT is significantly bigger than what I currently drive - and I'm ok with the increase, but I'm also aware it's going to be harder to park. If Tesla makes something in the same style a bit closer to the size of the vehicle I currently have, then I'll be all over that.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Tesla has changed styles as needed, see also chrome deletes and whatnot.

But they're a long way off of needing more sales from style over function.

-Crissa

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
I think that is an unnecessary assumption. The reason to change things cosmetically is if sales are in need of a boost. So far Tesla has been able to sell everything they build without resorting to change for the sake of change, or massive advertising blitzes, or 0% finance deals, or any of the usual car sales tricks. Model S has looked essentially the same for nearly a decade. If you are already selling them as fast as you can make them why spend the money to give it a new look?
Keeping things the same is good for parts availability and price too. In fact change for the sake of change has been such a pain in the rear;

After a decade of limping in bad shoes, I hit the jackpot and find one that is perfect in every respect. I wear it out just to find out the company has discontinued it and has already had several revisions none of which is as good as original. Can't even find it on ebay. Back to limping for another decade.

Operating systems, electronic devices, .... change everything so often that with every revision, you get something that you wanted bad but lose two other things that is a must have for you. It is almost impossible to get everything you want in one product so you always have to settle for the best compromise.

With cars my preference is usually opposite of where the industry goes so I am doubly screwed. CT is as close as it gets to what I am looking for. Only if it was in my driveway instead of in some bunker in California.

madquadbiker

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara NP300, Honda e, Honda TRX700XX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'd like to see the continuation of the Cyber theme across other vehicle classes. The CT is significantly bigger than what I currently drive - and I'm ok with the increase, but I'm also aware it's going to be harder to park. If Tesla makes something in the same style a bit closer to the size of the vehicle I currently have, then I'll be all over that.
Let it park itself, can’t wait for the truck to drive me around.

CyberJay

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD (two), Model Y
Occupation
Oncology Biotech Exec | GOD BLESS THE USA
Country flag
Alright, I think it'safe to say Elon Musk hit it out of the ballpark with the Cybertruck design, especially seeing how it's loaded with amazing features. But as we all know, after a few years, every car/truck manufacturer has to change the design to update it and keep it from getting boring. So, after five or so years of production, it's only logical that Elon will think about changing things up. Only I have a hard time imagining what it would look like. How do you update something so perfect? Do you give it a sharper angle? A more obtuse angle? Make it bigger, or smaller? Wider? I dunno. It can't stay the same for 20-30 years, obviously. All I know is I look at Cybertruck, and it's a handsome truck, the angles are brutal, yet perfect. So, where would a guy Like Elon take it from here? Gimme some ideas, people.
Next Big Enhancements IMHO (Next leve)
- Heads Up display
- Range
- Even more quiet
- Continue to eliminate "wrinkles" - sharp edges, wiper functionality, Tonneau durability,
- Rear window open

Once FSD level 5 comes into play..
Seating so people can sit face-to-face
Entertainment next level

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
A minor styling change to the doors and quarter panels would do the trick 6-years from now, 2030, to keep it fresh in the market.

2F30862F-5B1F-4911-8277-31769B9D3442.jpeg
I hope they "freeze" this iconic design in time and don't change it for at least a decade.

SteelMyHeart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Back window roll down and/or pass through to bed through middle seat will happen even with risk of tonneau cover in the area.

Rear camera washer.

Range extender will be part of structural battery pack in future once costs come down enough or battery tech will be better so 500+ range possible without compromising bed space.

I would love to see a 3 row suv version with this styling. CyberX. Maybe a boxy suv where roof is retractable tonneau cover and 3rd row seat folds down to recreat truck bed when you need it, 3 row suv when you dont. Like a jeep on stainless steel acid.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I would love to see a 3 row suv version with this styling. CyberX. Maybe a boxy suv where roof is retractable tonneau cover and 3rd row seat folds down to recreat truck bed when you need it, 3 row suv when you dont. Like a jeep on stainless steel acid.
You'd really have to upgrade the rolling cover for that but... It would be really cool.

I wonder how you'd do it... You wouldn't want to store it in the back where a simple fender-bender would end up in a roof replacement.

-Crissa

SteelMyHeart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The more i think about it the more the top should look like original cybertruck camper/hard shell tent design and roof splits in half down the middle and each roof piece folds down into the side panels along the bed sort of like a tray table in an airplane seat in the front row. The 3rd row seat would have the bed liner on the back so when it folds flat you have the bed ready. Imbedded D rings behind the seatback could be for car seat latch anchors and bed storage. Roof could stay for covered bed or camping or could be truck or jeep wrangler like 3 row suv

Cyber Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne, Awaiting Cyberbeast
Country flag
I think his biggest push will be in these areas for next few years:
- Better batteries/range/charging curve
- Higher production volume/lower price
- Probably a smaller CT version? (hatchback or smaller truck)

In terms of Design, I don't think they will change the exterior significantly, similar to other models. They could do some minor updates:
- Pass through design and fully collapsable rear seats to access truck bed
- Sliding side windows for the Truck bed to provide easy access to bed from all sides
- Electronically detachable sway bars for off-roading
- Quad motor
- Crab walk
- Integrated Starlink
- Spare Tire
- Tons of accessories

I really hope they don't change the truck bed design to traditional truck L shape design (just for the truck bed). I'll be super upset if they do that.

In terms of futuristic things (10+ years), he might pull off some really crazy and cool things based on CT - CyberTrailer, CyberVan, CyberTank, CyberTractor, CyberCamper (hardshell), Optimus driver, Boat mode, Neural mode (we don't have to complain about looking at the screen anymore), Tunnel mode (something has to travel in those big tunnels that he is digging ;))... endless possibilities. Seriously!! I think CT is just the tip of the iceberg on where he is headed. 🤷‍♂️

Did I just gave away million dollar ideas to Elon? Never mind! It's all about execution. :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored

Last edited: