Who here plans on NOT babying their Cybertruck and will use it for heavy work?

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
I treat all my trucks the same, they come to work with me and work just as hard as I do, and I don't do bodywork on them when they get scratched or dented. So I'm gonna love driving my Cybertruck around town, no worries about roof rust, because glass doesn't rust, and neither does stainless steel. Dents? Bring 'em.

But I need my truck by the end of 2021. I grow weak...
Sponsored

xodarap1

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Buick Encore, Nissan Sentra, >>> Cybertruck TM
Occupation
Security
Country flag
As someone knifes your tire instead of scratching your paint.
I plan to drive it like I stole it but won't try to smash it up hauling stuff that will screw up the investment. I want it to be the last vehicle I ever buy.

*I'm not fond of the thought of how many people will be throwing items at our cybertruck windows when they see them parked in parking lots. Or hitting the doors with a real sledgehammer (not a dead blow like in the demo). Tesla cams won't do much to identify anyone with a mask and/or hood.

egandalf

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
Or hitting the doors with a real sledgehammer (not a dead blow like in the demo).
Franz hit it twice. I think the first one he pulled. The second seemed to connect like a real blow to my eyes.

Personally, I plan for it to be the ultimate weekend warrior vehicle. Lumber, lawnmowers, lumber, bags of concrete, lumber, tools, and lumber.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
I'm keeping my old truck for awhile to make sure Godot doesn't have issues so during that period I will keep it spotless inside im sure but eventually it has to do real work and then it will smell like an elephant farm inside and look like construction truck on the outside.

OP
OP
First Name
Wang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I'm a little concern about the trunk bed having those groves that will have dirt caked to it. Luckily a power washer should take care of cleaning without worrying about rust.

Frankenblob

First Name
Frank, USA is the BEST. Communism SUX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M38A-1, Trans-am
Country flag
I'm a little concern about the trunk bed having those groves that will have dirt caked to it. Luckily a power washer should take care of cleaning without worrying about rust.
Plus slippiness not only on the bed but the tailgate when it is lowered beyond 90 degrees.
But i guess a traction coating can be applied - whether by paint or adhesive strips.

Bigvbear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2001 Chevy Tracker, 2018 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I wont treat it any differently than any other ICE truck i have owned. I will use it to daily drive and haul stuff when i need to. I work in IT so i dont need it for construction type stuff unless im doing work on my house. I expect to use it to haul dirt, rocks, lumber, etc.

OP
OP
First Name
Wang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
The only thing about air schocks is sometimes the stanchions get scratched and the seals leak. For example if a rock flew up and scrape the stanchions, that would be an expensive fix. On springs it doesn't matter much.

Hunter Sawyer

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Construction Worker
Country flag
I know the truck is badass, but most of it's badassness won't really be put to the test unless it gets treated like a real truck.
It'll be my work truck for construction. Possibly for snow removal if range loss isn't too bad.

DARKFURY1

First Name
Chauncy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Coach
Country flag
i will treat it like my own little get away, from family and responsibilities

ProfessorRon

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, Kia Forte, 2000 Dodge Dakota 4x4
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I hope to pull an rv with it, approximately 9,000 lbs. I’m still not sure if I will get a tri-motor or a dual motor. I’m probably going to also haul wood in it which means going off road into mud and maybe cross some small streams.

Iacemoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ram 1500 <> 1970 Chevy C10 Stepside Custom
Occupation
Drug Dealer
Country flag
The only thing about air schocks is sometimes the stanchions get scratched and the seals leak. For example if a rock flew up and scrape the stanchions, that would be an expensive fix. On springs it doesn't matter much.
If they offer a standard spring option, I will definitely take it. Air ride is awesome when it works. The best part is no part. Will still take the onboard compressor though. Handy AF.

S1d3w1nd3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, GMC Acadia, Ram 3500 Cummins
Country flag
Plan to primarily pull my 31’ toy hauler, haul dirt bikes and camping gear around during the spring and summer. Rest of the time, it will haul my family around to hockey practices/tournaments and on ski trips. Sure hope it’s a proper tow machine and Tesla installs superchargers off the main highway corridors. I plan to keep my Cummins in case the CT is not up to the challenge.
Sponsored