Why aren't we seeing more Cybertruck VINs being issued?

CyberT1

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016S,, 2022 X Plaid
Occupation
Regional sales Mgr
Country flag
So, if there are so many Cybertruck being Made why are we not seeing more Cybertruck Vin's being issued.
Sponsored

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
So, if there are so many Cybertruck being Made why are we not seeing more Cybertruck Vin's being issued.
Why do you think that there are so many being made? There isn't.

Eddyrelik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, CT
Country flag
My cousin just picked up a Model Y at Upland, CA yesterday and he said there were like 7-8 Cybertrucks there. And talking with the reps there they said they're delivering about 5-6 or so a week, and that once they receive them it takes them a long while to clean them up and make sure they are "perfect" for delivery. 🤷🏻‍♂️

ttohumcu

First Name
Tolga
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
5-6 a week, how are they planning to meet the February-March timeline when order was made on December. It seems like it may slip delivery dates by 2-3 months.

cgladue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S 75D, 2018 Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
5-6 a week, how are they planning to meet the February-March timeline when order was made on December. It seems like it may slip delivery dates by 2-3 months.
Welcome to Tesla, are you new here ? lol

BeardedSasquach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD FS
Country flag
Exactly! I ordered mine December 29th and it has been crickets ever since. I even went to the dealership and they said they couldn’t do anything until I have a VIN. I’m in NC and I’m guessing that January to March timeframe has moved into May now.

OP
OP

CyberT1

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016S,, 2022 X Plaid
Occupation
Regional sales Mgr
Country flag
I am starting to believe all these posts we see on X is just Tesla Employees posting just to advertise the Cybertruck and those Joe T Youtubes showing 50 or more are all smoke and mirrors.

mark555055c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck AWD FS, 2019 Silverado Trail Boss
Country flag
I think in the next two weeks we'll see a surge of deliverers of all the units that has sat on trains for the past two weeks. This is not VIN assignment, but i think the general lull we're in is making people question things.

In the next two weeks i think we'll also see a surge of VIN assignments, probably multiple "waves"(12/9, 12/14, etc) of FS orders being VIN assigned at once. Perhaps just some production optimization going on before production speed is increased.

We shall see. 🤞 🤞
Sponsored