First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I am not sure I would put propane in the frunk,

Also... Why do you have three cans of it? O-o You have a twenty and two ones. You could refill the ones from the twenty or just have a splitter...

-Crissa

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I am not sure I would put propane in the frunk,
Not sure any where else is much safer and the car is packed to the gills. It actually wasn’t in there at first but someone here suggested in an unrelated post that putting it in the cabin was a bad idea due to potential leaks.

As for why the little ones. My hibachi burner uses them and I haven’t had the big one long enough to chase down a splitter.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Well, I suppose if you're camping inside, I could see that.

But a tank that belted in is much safer than a tank in the crumple zone ^-^;

Here's a photo from the camping trip we had last week:
Tesla Cybertruck Why I want Cybertruck in 50000 pictures or less BigSur2021_Smiley

The first night's camp had to be called because there was a spot that couldn't be traversed in the Mazda. Mostly it was because someone had parked their van where you'd take a run at a dusty hill rather than turning mid-hill but there was likely other bad spots. The roads she usually used were closed.

Need the truck.

-Crissa

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
It took me 10 minutes to get over 15 feet of rocky track up to the camp site. Had to keep getting out to check tires were on top of the right rocks. The front camera the CT is supposed to have would have been handy. Of course in the Cybertruck it would be a non issue regardless

In my Subaru with 8” of clearance it would have been a no brainer.

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Do they keep the cabin warm all night long without emitting piles of carbon and sound? Can I gas them up in my driveway at home without a tank of toxic chemicals?

Model Y is just fine for the moment. I might get the lift kit if unplugged performance ever gets their kit off backorder.

Last edited:

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
My Leaf and Subaru are paid off. My motorcycle should be paid off before my turn in reservation comes up to get my CT.
My house might even be paid off by then...
If Jeep released a decent plugin hybrid Gladiator, I might be tempted... but trying to sell a gas truck in 3 years (or 4) is going to be really hard, assuming the CT, Rivian, and F-150 electric are going strong by then (I am over 300,000 in line, so figure I am not in the first two years of production).
So I continue to use the Subaru (with a trailer if need be) for long range and hauling... and the Leaf for short range. And since we live 7 miles from work (one stop light, when we had to go in every day) and most errands are within 30 round trip, a Leaf is about all we really need. OH, and work has 7k charger (not free, costs $3/month for a special parking tag to park in EV spots, 4 hour max), so when we used to commute every day, we almost never charged at home, because 4 hours once a week was more than enough to get to 100%.

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
… but trying to sell a gas truck in 3 years (or 4) is going to be really hard,
It’s also a terrible time to buy a pickup. I bought mine three years ago and sold it for 2,000 more than I paid. With 18k more miles on it.

I think the value of used ICE trucks will hold lot better than ICE cars. Probably a bit longer than 3 years. But I wouldn’t buy anything ICE new right now. Risks of rising fuel costs and declining resale value are too high.

Heck. Just a bad time to buy any car or truck new or used.

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Tesla camping tip. Bring your key card backup and hide it OUTSIDE your car. Cell phone as key is great but car cell phones die fast in the wild places.

Had a freak out moment after phone died. Card was in my pocket it’s now hidden under a rock in camp.
Tesla Cybertruck Why I want Cybertruck in 50000 pictures or less 1629610500574
Sponsored