Why I want Cybertruck in 50000 pictures or less

Deleted member 3316

Tesla camping tip. Bring your key card backup and hide it OUTSIDE

Had a freak out moment after phone died. Card was in my pocket it’s now hidden under a rock in camp.
Just glue a spare key card to the inside of your bumper; eg. near the tow hook panel. Or behind you the licence plate.
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
OK I'll bite. I'm old school and carry a wallet. How do people get by without a wallet? :unsure:
All I carry is a credit-card clip that has a check card, insurance card, and ID. I generally don't carry keys, either.

You can pay for most things with a NFC capable phone or just an app. Insurance cards and IDs can sometimes be replicated with an app, too.

-Crissa

rodmacpherson

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Security Architect (IT/Infosec)
Country flag
All I carry is a credit-card clip that has a check card, insurance card, and ID. I generally don't carry keys, either.

You can pay for most things with a NFC capable phone or just an app. Insurance cards and IDs can sometimes be replicated with an app, too.

-Crissa
Yeah, I need to downsize my key ring. Work keys I have are rarely needed anymore, so could stay locked up at the office. We went to RFID badges for almost everything.
House keys are just a backup in case my button code smart door lock runs out of battery, but the odds that 2 doors run out of battery or the main door runs out of battery and the power is out so I can't get into the garage are pretty slim. I don't need to carry those keys around anymore. With the tesla I'd have one less key to carry. Keys for my existing cars at least never have to leave my pocket. :)

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I will name my Cybertruck either Late or Delayed? Oh! Skip it!

Jamessmooth007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I will name my Cybertruck either Late or Delayed? Oh! Skip it!
Hawaii would be the PERFECT place for a CT. Would love to do some exploring with one of those bad boys.
Hope you're doing ok out there with all the Corona Virus stuff bro! I'm supposed to fly in to Honolulu mid September, but most likely cancelling the flight. When Ige says don't come, that's a big deal. :(

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Just glue a spare key card to the inside of your bumper; eg. near the tow hook panel. Or behind you the licence plate.
I like this idea. I might duck tape it to the underside.

I wound up putting it under a rock at my camp site, used it once then when we changed camps... left it behind!!

Fortunately someone went back and grabbed it for me. They are also not expensive to replace.

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I like this idea. I might duck tape it to the underside.

I wound up putting it under a rock at my camp site, used it once then when we changed camps... left it behind!!

Fortunately someone went back and grabbed it for me. They are also not expensive to replace.
I suggest placing the cardin an RFID protector to prevent the signal from inadvertently causing interference or unlocking the vehicle for unintended people. You don’t want it signaling you are there when your are not and some POS driving away with your CT.

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I would place under part of something that's part of the camp, but immovable while in camp, like a tent.

-Crissa
In retrospect... a great idea. But me being me, I put it under a highly forgettable rock.

I found some instructions for removing the RFID from the card so I can keep it with me all the time and always have a back up.

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I’m not much of a camper, but I’m curious. Is camping in the Y enjoyable? It sure looks more comfy than a tent. Do you have shades for the windows?
Apologies for the delayed reply... I posted the first pics when I was solo at the camp-site and a little bored. After that my friends showed up so less free time.

I do not have shades for the window. I tend to camp places where the moon is the brightest thing in the sky and can tolerate moonlight. I'm pretty much done with camping at busy camp-sites.

I only used Camp mode and climate control for 1.5 nights. The weather mellowed out after the first couple nights and for the length of the stay, it was too much battery drain. I had people at the camp site most of the time so turned off sentry mode and the climate control features during the daytime as well. My hope is the Cybertruck will have enough battery + solar (please please please) to allow longer stays with camp mode sleeping.