Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
VIDEO:

From author:

Cybertruck's polarizing design isn't an accident. It's a manifestation of the 4 fundamental needs the vehicle was engineered to meet. Tesla has succeeded on all fronts. This has HUGE implications for the company and its mission, and the future of automotive design and manufacture.

Cybertruck had to be:

1. Low Cost (to make, and sell)
2. Function/Performance
3. Efficient
4. Safe

It is all of these things and no other automaker can compete on ALL four of these -- unless they copy everything.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

YodasBite

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota RAV4 Hybrid and Prius V... But hopefully soon a CyberTruck will replace the latter
Occupation
Software engineering manager
Country flag
Thank you for sharing. That was a great video.

PACEMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri-Motor Cybertruck, P3D- Tesla Model 3 Stealth Performance, 4Runner TRD/ORP, F350 diesel dually
Country flag
Yes. Yes, it was......

kdn

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Pre-ordered CT Tri Motor, F250, Toyota Tundra, Jeep Wrangler X, Toyota Camry
Occupation
Self employed Ice cream industry, Snow Plowing, Charter Fishing on the Great Lake Erie, Commercial Properties
Country flag
Nice video and explanation. I like it, I ordered it ...but can it handle a plow mount to snowplow with?

PACEMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri-Motor Cybertruck, P3D- Tesla Model 3 Stealth Performance, 4Runner TRD/ORP, F350 diesel dually
Country flag
More importantly, can it fire a 50 mm Howitzer? If not it's only a light-duty civilian vehicle, hardly worth my time...........

Wolfganguntoten

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Private
Country flag
Thorough video, didn't go into autopilot enough though. Not only does it hit all those wickets but it can also drive itself.

Cyber1qhorsey

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FORD Expedition, Escape, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
In the real world there is some speculation that an ultra rigid exoskeleton unibody doesn't permit required safety crumple zones? Remember those pesky summer beetles, crushed by (some) children? I would really like to read informed engineering comment on this post?

keyhere

First Name
Key
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Civic, KLX250S
Occupation
EE
Country flag
Where would this be beneficial? Not knocking, just trying to see where it would provide usefulness in the real world.
The idea is if you're off roading (in mud or dirt or snow) then you can perform an extremely tight turn, say around a 90Âş corner that has trees/rocks on both sides, or a 180Âş to head back where you came from. Not very useful but still a cool feature that Rivian has included (comes with a hefty price tag from the quad motor setup though).

mggoulet

First Name
Michel Goulet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck with 3 motors
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Efficiency, lower cost and safest CT... Performance was not my priority... But, LR (long range) + I will install RFT (run flat tire) and buy 4 more rims for the winter tires... when the cover for the rear 6.5' box is closed , how can we see the rear ??? with cameras and if the are obstrucked by snow ...???

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
I solve that last problem by departing the Estrie on a southerly heading as soon as the snow starts to fall!

mggoulet

First Name
Michel Goulet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck with 3 motors
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I solve that last problem by departing the Estrie on a southerly heading as soon as the snow starts to fall!
Hopely to stay in FL during wintertime... but my wife likes 2 months of snow...!!!