First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius, M809 6x6
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
That general shape would be nice but those details are way too radical and scifi for popular appeal. Which might be what Musk is after if his goal for the Cybertruck isn’t mass sales. More like an enthusiast only truck rather than a work/duty/commercial pickup like the F series.
Ya none of these ‘styling’ details for me, just the general body shape and a tough structure. Ideally for me I can put a 5th wheel hitch in for towing. He did say it would be “cyberpunk” so I expect some subtle things as a throwback to blade runner. Really a half ton truck isn’t heavy enough for the towing weight I generally do.
Sponsored

Tesla

First Name
Elon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicles
Roadster, Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Country flag
Ya none of these ‘styling’ details for me, just the general body shape and a tough structure. Ideally for me I can put a 5th wheel hitch in for towing. He did say it would be “cyberpunk” so I expect some subtle things as a throwback to blade runner. Really a half ton truck isn’t heavy enough for the towing weight I generally do.
In regards to weight, do you think 500miles worth of lithium ion batteries will bump it above a half ton tow rating?

BLADERUNNER

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius, M809 6x6
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I think the tow rating would have a lot more to do with the suspension and chassis limitations than it would the batteries themselves. From what I’ve seen with the performance, the torque output capabilities in their electric motors is incredible compared to conventional combustion engines. I just know they want to boast about acceleration and range. So they will want to keep the vehicle mass down, and most customers aren’t looking to haul as much weight as me. So I can see them hitting just slightly above the tow rating of an F150. It’s really just a fudged number in my opinion. Toyota tends to be more conservative with their tow ratings.

rustycarburetor

Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma/Boxster/3 Harleys/BMW
No windshield wipers. Must be special glass

dano0726

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Jeep JK Wrangler
Occupation
Treasury Finance Insurance
Country flag
Will it require a CDL since the GVWR/GCWR may be close to 26,0001? I keep seeing some rendering with an 8-lug axle...

NPATEL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4
Country flag
I think truck will have a feature where you can turn on and off artificial car noise. This baby will be roaring when the voice is on. And it won’t be a typical car engine noise.

What do you guys think?

Jayrod

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tesla Model X
I think truck will have a feature where you can turn on and off artificial car noise. This baby will be roaring when the voice is on. And it won’t be a typical car engine noise.

What do you guys think?
depending on the tires and insulation it could be loud inside. They cheesed out some on the X and mine was kind of loud until I did dynamat.

Status
Not open for further replies.