Will it be possible to outfit a cybertruck with a CD player without screwing things up?

OP
OP

Ebby Jones

First Name
Ebby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford f150
Occupation
Butcher
Country flag
You would be smart to duplicate the tracks from all your CDs to USB solid state drives formatted in digital audio encoded formats such MP3. With the storage available now, you can literally put the tracks of hundreds of CDs onto a single USB solid state drive. There tons of software available for doing this and some of the software even organizes your music.

Once it's on a USB solid state drive, you connect it into the Tesla infotainment where it's easier and faster to access (no changing of CDs), while also being safer (no distractions of fiddling with CDs while driving). and you'll save wear and scratches on your CDs while being able to keep them stored away as archival backups.

Of course as mentioned, you could buy either a USB connected or bluetooth linked portable CD player, but you would be torturing yourself while risking safety from distractions, and continually adding more scratches or wear handling the CDs that you really want to take special care of if you like them so much.

One little USB drive fits in the palm of your hand and once connected it's out of sight and usually doesn't have to be ever messed with again. Would you rather carry all of your CDs around instead?

- ÆCIII
I find that unappealing. Thanks
Sponsored

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I find that unappealing. Thanks
Not sure if you meant the USB drive was unappealing, or the thought of carrying around cases of CDs was unappealing.

Either way, it was something I felt like I could help with.

I've had many CDs and DVDs get scratches over the years, before putting their content on a hard drive was even an option.

To each his own, but if you're looking to find a CD player that will interface via USB or Bluetooth, I'd also look for one that holds multiple CDs and not just one. That way you don't have to mess with it as much which could be a difference in safety. There are a lot of crazy drivers out there, so attention at the right split-second can be priceless.

- ÆCIII

Last edited:

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
You can buy audio to Bluetooth adapters to plug into your CD player if the CT doesn't have a aux audio input, but Bluetooth is not lossless. But I honestly don't think you will miss any fidelity given the amount of road noise will be in the cab, so ripping CDs to a USB stick would seem the path of less resistance. It's time consuming to do, so really the easiest way is to sign up for Spotify, and if you don't like the adds pay for a monthly plan for most of the music out there. In the app you can select the quality on the CT screen itself.

AlDente

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, Model 3
Country flag
I'm waiting for an audiophile Turntable/preamp with Bluetooth capability for my extensive vinyl collection. That big-assed dash is a perfect place for the Turntable ... although not off road capable. :)
Sponsored