Austerberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Country flag
Is the Cybertruck windshield light bar still in the design? I haven’t seen or heard of it for years. Litterally. I look forward to getting some very long awaited updates in the next few months.
Sponsored

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
I think there will be regulatory problems with high mounted light bars from the manufacturer. Many (most? all?) states have regulations about forward facing white lighting higher than 45" from the ground. Some states just say that you can't turn them on while on public roads, some say that they have to have to have a cover affixed to them while on public roads so that you can't just turn them on when police aren't around. Regulatory agencies are much more strict about what they'll allow manufacturers to install vs what they turn a blind eye to when owners install them after the sale. It's rare for manufacturers to include, even as options, features that are illegal in one state or another. I suspect they won't come standard on CyberTruck, but may be prewired for after market installation.

Last edited:

Paradox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Escalade ESV Platinum, CT TriMotor FSD
Country flag
Is the Cybertruck windshield light bar still in the design? I haven’t seen or heard of it for years. Litterally. I look forward to getting some very long awaited updates in the next few months.
No one knows exactly what’s in the final design, unfortunately, as it has not been revealed yet. The testing units we saw many months back didn’t seem to have it but they were not final designs.

In a recent interview, Franz did mention no door handles but he remained quite tight lipped about many things. The light bar at the top didn’t come up that I remember.

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
I think there will be regulatory problems with high mounted light bars from the manufacturer. Many (most? all?) states have regulations about forward facing white lighting higher than 45" from the ground. Some states just say that you can't turn them on while on public roads, some say that they have to have to have a cover affixed to them while on public roads so that you can't just turn them on when police aren't around.
I think CT could handle that with a speed inhibitor in the software?

Zhe Wiz

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla MYP, 2015 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
FileMaker Developer
Country flag
Elon, on February 21st last year @ 2:54 PM, confirmed the laser blade was still in there.
Yes, but is the "light blade" the line of lights that goes along the hood between the headlights, or the light bar at the top of the windshield?

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
Yes, but is the "light blade" the line of lights that goes along the hood between the headlights, or the light bar at the top of the windshield?
Since he said it was still there, I think it safe to assume it's the one above the windshield because the hood one was not there before. I suppose semantics could come into play but that doesnt seem like Elon... with the exception of the MS 0-60 time and that whole "Well, if you subtract the 1-foot rollout..." crap.

Zhe Wiz

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla MYP, 2015 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
FileMaker Developer
Country flag
Since he said it was still there, I think it safe to assume it's the one above the windshield because the hood one was not there before. I suppose semantics could come into play but that doesnt seem like Elon... with the exception of the MS 0-60 time and that whole "Well, if you subtract the 1-foot rollout..." crap.
Fingers crossed that you're right! I'm not getting my hopes up though. I guess we'll see in the next few months! (Or is it two weeks?) :)

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
Elon, on February 21st last year @ 2:54 PM, confirmed the laser blade was still in there.
It was 2020 not last year, wouldn't count on it still being true today.

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
I think CT could handle that with a speed inhibitor in the software?
Or... based on Geo-position like smart summon. I believe smart summon will not work if the vehicle is on a public street, so there already is programming that knows if it's on public roads.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Huh? Both lights were in the unveiling.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
Huh? Both lights were in the unveiling.
No. The headlights with the connecting light was, yes. But the lower lights that look like clearance lights showed up later. Elon was refering to the laser light above the windshield.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
No. The headlights with the connecting light was, yes. But the lower lights that look like clearance lights showed up later. Elon was refering to the laser light above the windshield.
No? Even now all of the photos show 2 light bars. Tesla would remove those photos if they weren’t going to have both. The ‘fog’ lights weren’t part of this thread were they?

OP
OP

austerberto

First Name
Austerberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Country flag
No? Even now all of the photos show 2 light bars. Tesla would remove those photos if they weren’t going to have both. The ‘fog’ lights weren’t part of this thread were they?
I was concerned with the light bar (laser light) above the windshield was still planned.
Sponsored