Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Maybe they'll be taking one on a farm sometime.
I'd love to see the CT on the farm doing actual work. Load it with hay bales. Can it haul one of the round bales in the bed? How about towing a car out of the ditch or a snowbank? Or pulling a seeder through a field? Might need a hydralics implementation for that. Perhaps traversing a muddy field to deliver lunch to the crew. Pulling a large trailer behind the combine as it harvests grain and shoots the grain into the trailer. So many uses that would be cool to see. Oh, and add starlink to provide internet access through wifi to the rest of the field machinery. Or even go herd some bison in a field. See if the SS will stand up to some bumps from the bison when they get a bit perturbed.

Tesla Cybertruck Windshield Wiper length measured vs longest standard wiper available 1698704942570

You know what would be really cool. Go find some farmers and ranchers that currently have F150's that they are using on the farm as working trucks. Then have them do every task side-by-side with the F150 and CT or have the CT replace the F150 for 1 month. Then see what the farmer/rancher says about the CT.

Oh, and no fair just letting the teen son take the CT as "his" vehicle for that time. That would be a whole different kind of experience video.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
AUTO Connected Car News measured the wiper blade it is ten inches longer than the largest one from Napa. They also interviewed Franz von Holzhausen. Estimates in the is forum came in two inches short.

IMG_20231028_110955.jpg
Yeah, girls usually tell me the same thing. It's a couple of inches longer than they're used to.

wtibbit

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes sedan, Corvette coupe, Yukon XL
Occupation
Retired Engineering Program Director
Country flag
AUTO Connected Car News measured the wiper blade it is ten inches longer than the largest one from Napa. They also interviewed Franz von Holzhausen. Estimates in the is forum came in two inches short.
The BAW is 50 inches long.

Now you know, and you didn't have to read this entire comment.

Stop reading now if you want to. You won't miss much.

I saw this thread and thought, "Sweet! I'll scan this post and see how long the BAW really is." Nope, just a photo and a link to an article. I quickly looked at all the comments posted in the thread and didn't see the measurement. I went back and read the entire article and found the answer at the end of 1,037 words.

C T Rick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Dodge Sprinter 3500, 2015 Nissan NV 3500, 2013 Chevy Traverse
Occupation
Plumbing Contractor
Country flag
Who cares. It never rains in Los Angeles.

Rick

Jethro

First Name
Jethro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (on order)
Occupation
consultant
Country flag
I thought BAW used two wiper blades overlapping each other a bit, is it one continuous blade now?

IMG_4222.jpeg

…would hate to miss a spot, perhaps we call it the “taint”. Double wiping essential.

wtibbit

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
The Model X wiper blade from Tesla is $35. If you can find it in stock, that is.
The BAW blade may cost 2X that.

This (and the way it looks) is why I'd like to remove my BAW, carefully wrap it up it along with the tool needed to install it, and store that package somewhere in the truck. It might fit just below the rear window. It would work where I live in far-western Greater Appalachia because we have long dry periods, interspersed on rare occasions with downpours and floods.

davelloydbrown

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, silverado
Occupation
veterinarian - retired
Country flag

well at least you don't have to worry about someone removing it in a road rage incident.

wtibbit

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
They didn't use a tape measure. They got someone at a display to give them some thread that they then took to the measuring tape at home. Having gotten a thread, I suppose they could have used multiple threads but it would be difficult to keep straight which thread was which measurement.
Are you saying the BAW is almost as long as Cybertruck's wheelbase? o_O

CYBRSMTH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit
Country flag
Wiper envy going to be the next big thing? Perhaps all the short wiper vehicles can console themselves that size doesn't matter and its all in how you use it.
Let’s hope not. Remember those stupid fake ball sacks people used to hang from the bumpers of their trucks? 🙄

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Let’s hope not. Remember those stupid fake ball sacks people used to hang from the bumpers of their trucks? 🙄
Just HAD to remind us… Now someone is going to pull out their sack and attach it to the bottom of BAW to complete the picture.
Sponsored