With everything that's happened, was Drew Baglino escaping. Now Tom Zhu back to China.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Maybe SVP of Engineering Drew Baglino's and Rohan Patel's departures were actually escapes?

Later there were departures by VP of Investor Relations Martin Viecha, Senior HR Director Allie Arebalo.

Since late 2022, Tom Zhu was in charge of all Gigafactories and also in charge of North American sales.
Now, Tom Zhu, is going back to China and to being VP of Tesla China.

----------------------

Tesla moves key auto executive amidst layoffs and departures
By Zachary Visconti
Posted on May 6, 2024
https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-auto-executive-departures/

----------------------
Sponsored

Last edited:

Speedr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual Motor Cybertruck
Country flag
There's been a lot of changes at the top, but we also have very little information. Sure, they could be "escaping"...with MILLIONS of dollars (they have to sell their stock options within 90 days or lose them). Or Elon told them that they're heading back into another "production hell" type scenario where you have to throw your life away. If that's the case, it could be their choice, or that he needs newer people to do that (i.e. seasoned Wall Street professionals or Doctors don't work 100 hour weeks, but they did when they first started).

I've had a Tesla since 2017, and owned the stock since then as well. If I had a dollar for every time people panicked and said Tesla was done, going bankrupt, would die due to competition, etc., I'd be a billionaire!

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I've had a Tesla since 2017, and owned the stock since then as well. If I had a dollar for every time people panicked and said Tesla was done, going bankrupt, would die due to competition, etc., I'd be a billionaire!
There's never been a time I was worried they'd lay off the Supercharger team or sideline the next vehicle, either.

-Crissa

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I reckon they have been through fires before, I can't see why they would go weak at the knees now.

BTW, the angle of reporting has been along the lines of 'TESLA PIVOTING', that may be true, and to me is the negative narrative of the story.

Perhaps the more accurate headline could read 'TESLA FASTTRACKING'.
We are still on the same road map , still heading in the same direction. FSD has crossed the Rubicon, and the priority may no longer be to survive on mass manufacturing but rather.. do not pass go, go straight to : Revolutionising transport using autonomous cars and Robotaxi's.

These guys maybe felt they have done enough, now some fresh blood can take the company on its next journey.. And it may have been solely their independent decision or Elon who convinced them to do so., nor here or there.

But jumped ship for negative connotations ? , Nahh.

Nobell32

First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberBeast Foundation
Country flag
Maybe Musk thought with 7.5 billion dollars set aside by the government to build stations across the country he could just let someone else build the infrastructure and concentrate on other priorities.

Alan

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 S90D ,2014Tacoma, Cyberbeast ordered 2/13/24
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Laying off 10% of your delivery staff when it appears to be a bottleneck for cybertruck delivery’s is a knee jerk impulsive move. Laying off your entire supercharger staff because you had a disagreement with a manger is a childish move that affects a lot of employees who have lives that they set up around that job. Some may have been bad but most probably were not. It’s irresponsible and lazy to not take the time to do an evaluation. The Supercharger system is a large part of why Tesla is in the lead position. The people who have been leaving the leadership are ones I wanted to hear from during the quarterly meetings after musk was done rambling about the same things he would ramble about for the last dozen meetings. Let’s face it his lack of control has been deterioracting for the last several years.
Sponsored