Wonder if the Mexican Cartels Will Ever Try to Steal Cybertrucks to bring South of the Border.........

OneLapper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d Sportswagon
Country flag
"Land Rover and Range Rover dominate the list of top ten most stolen cars,"

I bet that once owners have experience with them, they leave them in deserted places with the keys in the ignition.
My dad's buddy "floated" his wifes Land Rover down a flooded stream to get rid of it.

Almost drowned himself and I think he did some jail time, too.
Sponsored

joegaber

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
jeep
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Like this video of the Jalisco Nueva Generacion Cartel's military might. The Cybertruck's armored glass and 30X Stainless Steel body would be perfect for them.

April 3, 2019 I was driving along hwy 15 heading north through the state of Sinaloa into the state of Sonora. I was about 40 miles south of Guaymas when I went off road to explore mtn biking trails as I was planning on living in San Carlos on my sailboat majority of year.

About a mile off the road I stopped to explore and before I could get my truck in park, this pickup rolled up on me and 3 gunman got out and drug me out of the truck. They put me face down in the dirt, pistol to my head, knee on my neck. I pretty much just relaxed fully expecting to be dead in the next moment. The guy holding me down asked a bunch of questions about things like GPS in the truck and punched me in the ribs a few times cracking 2 of them.

Within about 3-4 minutes, they had my wrists duck taped to my ankles and drove away with my 2008 Chevy Avalanche with 6" lift, 35/12.5s, brand new full carbon fiber mtn bike, macbook pro, iPhone and a lot of other expensive stuff as I was living in Mexico that winter.

If I was fat, I'd be dead as the temp was over 100 and very remote area. Took about 30 minutes of stretching exercises to get my teeth down to my ankles (thank god for yoga) and nibble the duck tape off.

Yes, I know it was a mistake to go off road by myself; however, I lived in that area before and my parents lived there for 8 years. I knew Sinaloa was sketchy, but Sonora has many expats living there and I had not heard of cartel operations north of Sinaloa.

I am 99% sure that at least the Mexican gentleman holding me down and pounding on my ribs was ex US Military as his English was absolutely perfect with zero accent. No one in Mexico speaks perfect English without being raised in the US. Additionally, these guys operated just like well trained military, were clean cut and knew what they were doing. They weren't run of the mill bandidos. I have no doubt they work for a cartel.

So yeah, cartel will steal your Cybertruck given the chance.

I'm getting a Cybertruck (2 reserved). Will be taking it to https://www.armormax.com/ when I get it.

"I will return"
- General Douglas MacArthur

JJ_Tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just Purchased: 2021 F150 Hybrid Platinum
Country flag
Additionally, these guys operated just like well trained military, were clean cut and knew what they were doing. They weren't run of the mill bandidos. I have no doubt they work for a cartel.
The Zetas/Los Zetas are all ex Mexico special forces hired by the Gulf Cartel as the "enforcers". When the Zetas got powerful enough, they went to war with the Gulf Cartel and started their own cartel.

My father in law travels to Mexico on a weekly basis and has had 2 run-ins with the Zetas. He said they setup "military checkpoints" and even had their old Mexican Army uniforms on to make it look official. After his donations (at gunpoint) they let him go. Both of you are lucky to be alive.

If you truly live in an active cartel area, I would think twice about a flashy car, regardless of it being armored and if they can truly operate it after they steal it.

Friday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
I have a family member working in San Luis Potosi. He is a huge dude, upwards of 300 lbs or more. Not muscle if you get my drift. He got ambushed in his company car as a pretense to kidnapping for ransom to his company. When they got him out of the car, he just sat down and refused to move. The ambushers couldn't move him, he's just too big. They actually gave up, some of them laughing about the Gordo Gringo. They left him, took the car, didn't shoot him. This experience proves the motto "Fat people are hard to kidnap".
Sponsored