Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
...its more expensive and not as ideal for multi-level areas like the steel-only structure
It's also pre-cast units, which makes it easier to install.

The steel-only structure will be coated eventually. We've seen them pour concrete on the steel floors, for instance.

-Crissa
Sponsored

TessP100D

Banned
Banned
First Name
Faris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 P100D
Country flag
You are correct sir. But it's much more than just a factory... it's a place where dreams are born, where... OK, I'll shut up. It's a factory. A cool, Cybertruck factory. All right, I can't shut up. I love this place 'cause it's gonna make make my CT, it's like Disneyland for Cybertruck owners. We're witnessing history in the making, folks. In the future, like 20 years from now, when they're building Tera factory #77 (on fucking Mars, probably), we'll be able to say, "I was there to see when they broke ground on Tera Austin, the one that made Tesla explode in size and scope. That's why we all live in Cyberhouses with Cybersolar roofs, CyberHVAC and Cyberplumbing"
Sorry, I'm slowly going insane waiting. ?
ahh. You might need a gin & tonic right about now.

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
*not an engineer* but my understanding is that both types of structures involve steel for its sheer and tension value while certain portions are steel reinforced concrete, which has higher compression value and fire tolerance, so for areas with foundries and gantry cranes, etc. but its more expensive and not as ideal for multi-level areas like the steel-only structure
And you say you're not an engineer....

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
The roof structure that is steel is interesting.

Why do the ridges on part of the roof run from top to bottom(looks like to channel water), but on the other half the ridges run sideways?
It all gets covered over with foam and probably a white vinyl roofing material. So it doesn't matter which direction it goes. Probably worked out better for less drop off wasted material.
Sponsored