Snorp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 x MX
Country flag
What about those of us without powerwalls, will we receive everything needed for bidirectional charging?
Sponsored

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
To me the question is: Will Powershare work with V2 gateway? If that is the case Powershare will be compatible with older Powerwall installations. Had heard that V3 is delayed several more months.
Another thing to wonder about, if it requires you to be within bluetooth range of the gateway for it to work?

Typically, the batteries, gateway, etc all communicate with BT as the typical install has them all close together.

Unfortunately , our PW install is ..... complicated.... and had to be configured to communicate over my LAN (after going through WIFI access points). Wondering if that will be an issue for the CT?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Another thing to wonder about, if it requires you to be within bluetooth range of the gateway for it to work?

Typically, the batteries, gateway, etc all communicate with BT as the typical install has them all close together.

Unfortunately , our PW install is ..... complicated.... and had to be configured to communicate over my LAN (after going through WIFI access points). Wondering if that will be an issue for the CT?
Tesla already uses a wired communication to the vehicle... and wifi.

Hopefully they don't do the stupid thing Ford did and require Bluetooth for this.

-Crissa

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Is your Powerwall connected to your meter or your house swtchpanel? Do you have a sub-panel otherwise?

1709658954979.png

Or

1709658984397.png

Either seems to need a gateway.
Those are the same pic lol. But I don't have a power wall or I would be able to speak more definitively lol.

But yea I think they have a backup gateway somewhere on all power wall setups

SteelMyHeart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I'll add some info from florida:

Spoke tio electrician to install gateway and wall charger with partial home power back up: $3,000.

Whole home backup: $4500

Cost to run wire $19/ft.

I would have to run wires from main breaker box switch essentially the length of a 3 car garage over to wall connector and electical panel. So i think whole house back up for me will be about $5000 to 5300.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Those are the same pic lol. But I don't have a power wall or I would be able to speak more definitively lol.

But yea I think they have a backup gateway somewhere on all power wall setups
Sorry missed that. Need to put my glasses on next time I post from my phone. ;)

gaubong053

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MXP, Cybertruck AWD FS.
Occupation
Software engineer
Country flag

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
I am curious, I build my own battery pack (122kW of 48v) and inverter. I am completely off-grid. I don't have Tesla power wall but do have 2 Tesla wall charger. Is it possible for me to do bi-directional charging using my CT. BTW, just got my VIN today.
Yes, you can, provided your inverter has the ability to add AC coupling in addition to your DC off the roof.

Storz can do it as can Sol Ark.
Sponsored