Speedr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual Motor Cybertruck
Country flag
Drew Baglino from Tesla commented on X that if you have a Powerwall and wall connector already, you don't need ANY ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT INSTALLED, nor the universal Connector, to power your house!

Sponsored

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Rivian R1T QM, R1S QM, Zero S ZF
Occupation
Electric Bum
Country flag
Drew Baglino from Tesla commented on X that if you have a Powerwall and wall connector already, you don't need ANY ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT INSTALLED, nor the universal Connector, to power your house!

I have 3 Powerwalls and a universal connector. So I'm good to go šŸ¤“ ...Oh wait, my Cyberbeast is still in GigaTexas's womb, no VIN assigned yetšŸ˜©

Tesla Cybertruck You can power your house with Cybertruck if you already have a Powerwall!! [confirmed by Drew Baglino of Tesla] 20231113_141313

Tesla Cybertruck You can power your house with Cybertruck if you already have a Powerwall!! [confirmed by Drew Baglino of Tesla] 20231210_115926

Tesla Cybertruck You can power your house with Cybertruck if you already have a Powerwall!! [confirmed by Drew Baglino of Tesla] 20231108_135413

Tesla Cybertruck You can power your house with Cybertruck if you already have a Powerwall!! [confirmed by Drew Baglino of Tesla] Screenshot_20240304_174335_Tesla

Makeodds101

First Name
Ro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fj Cruiser
Country flag
I have two power walls and a universal Tesla charger, canā€™t wait to
test this out. Iā€™m waiting on the AWD CT FS, but Iā€™ll still take another universal charger if itā€™s in the package.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag

Not sure if that statement is completely accurate. You will need the Gateway to isolate the grid from the house still at least, so just having two Powerwalls won't suffice to use the CT as a Powerwall when the grid fails.

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
With the new power wall this seems like the best route.

Get the single power wall installed, scoop up 30% on credits, grab a wall charger from Best buy for cheap and win

Wraven

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Foundations CyberBeast, M3P, MYP
Country flag
This actually lowers the value of Foundation Series if you look at it from a different angle. So now, no gateway or universal connector will be installed for my Cyberbeast, as well as the 4k install credit? They will look at my house and say and decide I don't "need" any further equipment? ugh... 87 days and counting for Cyberbeast Vin...the value of foundation series is dwindling fast.

Noblelr3

First Name
Noble
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S & X
Occupation
Battalion Chief
Country flag
I just got an email from Tesla today asking two questions about my power wall set up and how it will change then install. Great news. Hope that also means my VIN is coming soon.

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Rivian R1T QM, R1S QM, Zero S ZF
Occupation
Electric Bum
Country flag
I just got an email from Tesla today asking two questions about my power wall set up and how it will change then install. Great news. Hope that also means my VIN is coming soon.
Same email received today. šŸ¤ž

SONNYDUT

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX470, 3x Audi A3, Honda Van, Model S, Tri-Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
CAD Designer
Country flag
I am curious, I build my own battery pack (122kW of 48v) and inverter. I am completely off-grid. I don't have Tesla power wall but do have 2 Tesla wall charger. Is it possible for me to do bi-directional charging using my CT. BTW, just got my VIN today.

gaubong053

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MXP, Cybertruck AWD FS.
Occupation
Software engineer
Country flag
Not sure if that statement is completely accurate. You will need the Gateway to isolate the grid from the house still at least, so just having two Powerwalls won't suffice to use the CT as a Powerwall when the grid fails.
It is implied that if you have powerwall installed by Tesla then a gateway should be installed already.
I have 2 powerwalls and a gateway v2. So now just need new gateway FW to detect and control CT when grid offline. I received VIN today and likely will deny powershare installation.

Last edited:

CybertruckRN1127

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, Model X
Country flag
Same. They asked if my powerwall can backup the house and if I can charge my car at 240V.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
I am curious, I build my own battery pack (122kW of 48v) and inverter. I am completely off-grid. I don't have Tesla power wall but do have 2 Tesla wall charger. Is it possible for me to do bi-directional charging using my CT. BTW, just got my VIN today.
Yes, but only through the bed outlet that would not automatically switch between charge and discharge. For that you will need a powerwall, and a bi-directional Tesla Charger(possibly Gateway, depending on where it's implemented), with a custom interface to your own power setup as only the NACS connecter is bi-directional