Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
Yes, exactly, all of those. I intended to say "companies." If you feed the machine, you're invited, if not, you're on your own.

Do any of those play the union game? (I know some don't, can't say I know none do.)

242ls

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F250
Country flag
I cannot get over the morons on you tube that do paid reviews of the other electric pickups and always fail to mention the shitty charging infrastructure of public charging and notably never mention the cybertruck. The guys at out of spec motors and TFL are always praising Rivian and Ford without pointing out the many flaws inherent to both trucks. Why? Because they get the trucks handed to them or receive so many free vehicles they don’t want to rock the boat. So few real honest reviews out there but the ones that are give both trucks barely a passing grade.
I’m guessing they don’t mention the CT because it doesn’t exist yet. Would be nice to see it ACTUALLY being produced.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
That's pretty standard with all topics these days. YT is the new internet herpes. This is why I skip forward on unknown sources to see if they actually have anything to say. There are 30k hours of video posted there every hour, and only a few minutes of usable content.

And what little I've seen of TikTok is 100x worse.

Meh, we're doomed.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
Yeah, no thanks. I'd rather spend 15 minutes setting up six apps and be done with it for life, than deal with the old card method. I don't even carry a wallet any more, mostly. Stores that don't do pay by app/NFC are dead to me.

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
Wait, that card thing works for you? I can never get that to work. Always getting cryptic error messages like “Declined” or “Insufficient Funds”. What does that even mean? :)

SparkChaser

First Name
Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck Ticket Holder, Ford Ranger, Mini Coup
Occupation
Airline Inspector
Country flag
The limited experience I had with my ford focus, that was a very frustrating part of charging. Finding a station in the multiple apps and then getting it to work. :mad:

OP
OP
Xtampa

Xtampa

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber truck
Occupation
Bus operator
Country flag
I’m hoping the future will have no touch screen, simply the same as Tesla’s superchargers and just recognizes the vehicle.

Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 UncorkedMS75awd+Upgrade fsd,M3LRawd+fsd,CT3FSD
Country flag
I’m hoping the future will have no touch screen, simply the same as Tesla’s superchargers and just recognizes the vehicle.
Seems to be heading that way. They already have self opening doors for CT with no door handles. But, I agree, would be very nice. Also, it would be nice to link up at charger without even getting out as wellđź‘Ť

MisterL

First Name
L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Configured
Country flag
Both regularly complain and point out dead EA chargers.

They haven't had the chance to drive a Cybertruck yet, I expect they will sing its praises too as well as point out the better Tesla charging network.

I know TFL gets trucks handed to them so I do take their comments with a grain of salt but they will give negative feedback, to where Ford stopped inviting them for a bit, and with a Chevy that overheated on one of their tests Chevy went back and fixed the design flaw.

I am pretty sure Outofspec doesn't get hasn't used corporate provided vehicles and just borrows them from owners or purchases them themselves.
Zack and Jessie from Now You Know state that they buy their vehicles also.
They're pretty good on honest reviews.

DraftedByTheMan

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Mercedes 350e, CyberTruck
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
I cannot get over the morons on you tube that do paid reviews of the other electric pickups and always fail to mention the shitty charging infrastructure of public charging and notably never mention the cybertruck. The guys at out of spec motors and TFL are always praising Rivian and Ford without pointing out the many flaws inherent to both trucks. Why? Because they get the trucks handed to them or receive so many free vehicles they don’t want to rock the boat. So few real honest reviews out there but the ones that are give both trucks barely a passing grade.
I like “Now You Know” on YouTube. They buy their vehicles first and then test them. There’s a good video on the Rivian (they went camping). Charging infrastructure was a major pain for them.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.