Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
That's more a SoCal vs NorCal issue, though. You guys have nutty drivers down there!

-Crissa
There are crappy drivers in northern California. When I lived in LA I thought northern California drivers were on average better, too, but when I moved north I found out it was just some kind of bias. The LA drivers may seem nuts but they are really good drivers on average. And the motorcyclists are much better. I guess it comes from a lot of driving and a lot of traffic.
Sponsored

Jyak

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 LR, Model Y LR, Cybertruck reserved.
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
If your comprehensive insurance doesn't already cover glass, get this added. I was super happy that state farm covers glass when a rock hit my jeep windshield within the first few weeks of ownership. For the quality replacement windshield that saved me $400ish. On a tesla, you'd be looking at $1000+/-.

As far as model 3 accessories:
-door exit button decals. The ones from "Custom Cut Graphics" on amazon are great.
-console wrap.. the piano black is a fingerprint/scratch magnet. Teslabros makes a nice wrap.
-jack pucks for not damaging the battery when jacking up vehicle to rotate tires, etc. I bought the ones in a little case/bag from amazon for $20ish dollars. Lives in the trunk.
-all weather floor mats. I bought the "Homeland Hardware" mats from Amazon for $100ish- the fit perfectly and are very nice.
-Coleman 24 can party stacker cooler. It fits nicely in the frunk.
-Motrobe mudflaps for M3. They were dirt cheap and fit perfectly.
-If you have a model 3 and use your card instead of your phone as a key, "DEF" card holder on amazon is super useful for aligning the card in the right spot and keeping it from disappearing under your seat.
-Some ceramic hybrid spray on wax. Turtle wax makes some really great stuff for a low $.

Jyak

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 LR, Model Y LR, Cybertruck reserved.
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
one more: a few companies make a little 'hidden' storage compartment for the cavity under the arm rest. This is a nice place for registration/insurance card since you can get to it without fumbling around on the screen for the glove compartment release button if you get pulled over.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
There are crappy drivers in northern California. When I lived in LA I thought northern California drivers were on average better, too, but when I moved north I found out it...
Yeah, we have bad drivers, too. Just not the concentrated dangerous of LA traffic. SoCal counties have higher per capita traffic deaths and injuries.

I keep hoping that radar-guided cruise control and driver assist features will make that traffic calmer and safer.

-Crissa

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Yeah, we have bad drivers, too. Just not the concentrated dangerous of LA traffic. SoCal counties have higher per capita traffic deaths and injuries.

I keep hoping that radar-guided cruise control and driver assist features will make that traffic calmer and safer.

-Crissa
I am assuming it (Autopilot) will be much better by the time the CT comes out. Much better. If it can handle people changing lanes with virtually no warni;g, and of course lane splitters, things will be much better indeed.
Sponsored