Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I think the top piece is just missing for whatever reason, you can see it is two pieces in this photo.

ct1.png
đź‘Ť. Most vehicles have the wiper arm resting near the hood or even conceal beneath it in the off mode. Not sticking up like a sore thumb.
Sponsored

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This is my thought too. Even here in Oregon.

I’m sure I’ll roll up in my Cybertruck. People will start talking about electric trucks. Then the conversation will naturally turn to wipers. Because nobody cares about range, hauling capacity, charging speed, efficiency, etc etc… first thing off the bat. “Well the F150 sure has a nice wiper…
👍. It’s very important to discuss the parts of the Cybertruck that we take for granted.

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
-----------------

Twice in one week, Fish fall out of sky over remote Australian desert town.
Last week of Feb 2010, Thursday and Friday the 650 residents of remote Australian desert town Lajamanu were bombarded by hundreds of white fish which fell out of the sky.
Nearest river is 326 miles away from Lajamanu. Meteorologists say conditions were perfect for a tornado in the region which could have sucked the fish up to 50,000-ft into the air from lakes hundreds of miles away.
By Fred Attewill
1 Mar 2010
https://metro.co.uk/2010/03/01/fish...emote-australian-desert-town-lajamanu-137859/

-----------------

Did it rain fish in Oroville, CA USA? Possibly Yes.
May 19, 2017
TV Channel KCRA3
https://www.kcra.com/article/did-it-rain-fish-in-oroville-possibly-1495171942/9878789

-----------------

How can it rain fish?
1. Fish are picked up from lake by water spout or tornado.
2. Cloud moves over urban area and drops fish.
20 August, 2004
By Edward Green, BBC News
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/3582802.stm

-----------------

Fish rain from sky in Texarkana (Texas, USA)
It “rained fish” for a few minutes in Texarkana Wednesday afternoon as storms moved through the area. It happened around 4:30 p.m., according to James Audirsch, who works at the Orr Maxx used car dealership on Summerhill Road. He says he and his co-worker Brad Pratt heard loud noises and looked outside only to see fish falling from the sky. Small fish could be seen sprinkled throughout the parking lot of the dealership, as well as the one across the street and the tire shop next door. Some were 4-5 inches long and appeared to be young white bass.
Dec 29, 2021
KTALnews

-------

-----------------

Fish fall from the sky in coastal city of Tampico, Mexico.
Sep 28, 2017
KTNV Channel 13 Las Vegas

-------

-----------------

BBC documentary series - Supernatural ( raining fish, frogs !!!!)
Selected excerpts, from the first episode, of the award winning 1999 BBC documentary series Supernatural.
Jun 17, 2008
DeafFret

--------

-----------------
đź‘Ť. Fish is a great source of protein. Might as well fry it in these times of high meat prices at the grocery store.

Deleted member 3316

Um I seem to have been having a Sheldon moment this morning.

Are people being sarcastic that they like the short wiper or don't they care about if the passenger can see out in the rain, or anyone over 5ft thats driving?
Its two wipers next to each other, the inner one folds out to reach the passenger side.

Deleted member 3316

I'm sure this is the wiper storage in unused position. Willing to bet when you turn the wipers on, the arm extends out fully prior to wiping. Probably helps reduce drag when not in use which is most of the time.
I just don’t understand what problem this solves… folded or unfolded it still presents the same surface area to drag.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Its two wipers next to each other, the inner one folds out to reach the passenger side.
Um I think it's clear that the top part of the wiper has just been removed in those pictures, for whatever reason. That would otherwise be the most impractical and complicated wiper ever created. ;-)

TAP1A

First Name
carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck tri motor, tesla 3 performance
Occupation
Digital Operations Engineer
Country flag
i know this would add some complexity to the making the vehicle but think about the spoiler of a model x. how it comes out and then hides with the body. imagine if there was something like this for the cybertruck. a wiper hidden on the top of the hood towards the end of the windshield and when it rains or you want to use the wiper it would come out like the model x spoiler and onto the windshield. i think this would be cool.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
đź‘Ť. Most vehicles have the wiper arm resting near the hood or even conceal beneath it in the off mode. Not sticking up like a sore thumb.
I just don’t understand what problem this solves… folded or unfolded it still presents the same surface area to drag.
Which orientation has less air resistance: parallel to travel (sticking up on the a-pillar) or perpendicular (across the windscreen)?

-Crissa

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
I will lock everything down except maybe the 4ws to make it Jack proof (My 16 year old son) I will call it JACK mode. Juveniles Are Crazy Kids.

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Which orientation has less air resistance: parallel to travel (sticking up on the a-pillar) or perpendicular (across the windscreen)?

-Crissa
Sticking up is better? No wonder why high school boys can run faster than us old folks. Less air resistance?

Deleted member 3316

-Crissa
Exactly, a folded wiper oriented parallel to air flow presents more perpendicular surface area to drag….

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Exactly, a folded wiper oriented parallel to air flow presents more perpendicular surface area to drag….
How would a wiper folded parallel to the wind flow present more perpendicular surface area than a perpendicular wiper?

-Crissa