Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Driving assistance will improve t the point where we will not need to park cars, and therefore we won't need cameras.

Also, AI will soon fill in the blank. As the car approaches the space, AI can create a picture as if it's a camera. Magic.

Potentially, it will seem the car is surrounded by cameras like dimples on a golf ball.
Sponsored

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So if you look closely at the box in the center, there is a control and display unit on the top of it. It looks to be part of that big box, but can't tell for sure. But it does have two big red buttons that look like eject or nitrous buttons over it! I bet these red buttons are a temporary panel mounted over the display/buttons below it and are for enabling and disabling 4 wheel steering or something like that which hasn't reached final stage of design to have been included in a control panel or in the software.

But the other buttons look to be a near complete control panel that would end up in the final design as it looks like its a hazards button and a few other buttons? Maybe the other ones are related to towing features or ride height features?

You see the temporary panel with big industrial buttons when the yoke is tilted down further.

FUn6LIsWYAAx3m5.jpeg

and you see the more polished control buttons below it which appear to be part of the box or right above the box when the yoke is slightly more parallel.

FUn6MsZWIAEZQOE.jpeg
👍. That red button on the right side looks like a emergency stop button from a piece of warehouse machinery. How crude looking.

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I think they do. I think they send out the same dull unit that keeps everyone on their toes.

They're not going to unveil a final designed truck at a power sub station or whatever this was. Megapack. Whatevs. We know what the body looks like, seen this interior before.... They're doing some testing or what not on this one clearly, but they're probably not including cup holders in it ... BECAUSE YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE A CUP ANYWHERE NEAR IT WITH WIRES HANGING OUT. cmon now ;)
👍. Still testing a vehicle that should have been for sale three years ago?

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I don't know what it is but it's visible on the outside shots and they are clearly doing something through the windshield on the driver's side. I think that is why the wiper is short. Looks like another camera?
Edit.... CT comes with hw4 fsd. There must be an additional forward camera.
Screenshot_20220608-213059_Samsung Internet.jpg
👍. How rude looking to not put a cap over the wiper arm nut. Even my Yugo car has a decorative cap.

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My driving habits have gotten worse over the years. Kinks in the neck must have stopped me from regular head checks and the kids get on me for not signaling. That said I don't speed much anymore and try to avoid following too close. Still accident free for whatever reason.

It will be weird having the CT and our other cars. Having to turn on blinkers to bring up cameras is a good thing. The signaling will probably improve but head checks will get worse. Having crazy acceleration in the CT and then eh in the other cars could be problematic.

This all said I will most likely get a real (not homegrown) modern EV before the CT. Maybe the Bolt.
In summary going from one car to another is going to get weirder. The interfaces are going to be a lot different.
👍. Enjoy your Christmas fire place in your Chevy Bolt.

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It doesn’t look that much different from the Model Y seat riser/rail system. It looks cheap and amateur, yes, but I think Tesla stopped caring about their interiors and solutions not looking decent.
👍. Just mount a fancy plastic cover over the
metal support legs.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
👍. Still testing a vehicle that should have been for sale three years ago?
Cybertruck wasn’t even announced 3 years ago.

I get a little tired of the comments that CT is “years” behind schedule when it’s not even a single year behind schedule.

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Cybertruck wasn’t even announced 3 years ago.

I get a little tired of the comments that CT is “years” behind schedule when it’s not even a single year behind schedule.
👍. I was getting tired of Tesla stocks not doing anything when I bought them back in 2012. So, eventually I just forgot about it and focused my life on other things.

flamaest

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
Yeah, no. The distances are different as is the shift in parallax.

-Crissa
JBee is correct. This issue is well documented with Bolt owners who have this digital RVM feature on the upper trims. You have to refocus when looking at the digital-display which is not eye-ball-friendly; where you do not have to do this on a simple RVM. The math has been done.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
And we had to contend with the world shutting down for a while.

KHappe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck on order
Country flag
I don't like killing any animal either. I just know I am about 50/50 avoiding cats and squirrels. They are very unpredictable and might just go under the vehicle between the wheels anyway. I would hate to cause an accident trying to avoid a squirrel.

There are lots of mini variables and as you said ethical decisions.
So for a bazar animal road encounter and probably never happen in the U.S. again.
While driving on the road a husband had enough time to say ‘elephant’ before swerving to try and miss a elephant on the road. Who would have thought you would ever have to swerve for an elephant http://newsok-pro.herokuapp.com/article/3414795/elephant-hit-in-enid-suv-crash

Last edited:

Hunter71294

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500
Occupation
Construction Equipment Rental
Country flag
👍. That red button on the right side looks like a emergency stop button from a piece of warehouse machinery. How crude looking.
That is on all test vehicles in case something goes wrong.
Sponsored