Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Why you gotta stick to beer? If you must, use the freezer to make ice that will be transferred to a cooler for the beer. Or drink something better. For out in the woods maybe whiskey. For beach camping, perhaps rum. For snowy climes, perhaps vodka. Those won’t freeze on you if you put them in the freezer.
Bullshit. Don't be ridiculous. It's beer, or nothin'. Even my doctor says so. You can die from too much vodka. Beer'll never hurt ya. Whiskey? That stuff'll kill ya, melt the liver right outta you. Rum, are you insane? You can go to jail for drinkin' and drivin' on that. But beer? Yous can drink it all day, iff'n you get stopped by the law, and you fail the breathalizer, just let 'em know "it's just beer". Then stomp on it, so they know you can drive even if you are a bit tipsy. Works every time, truss me.

Last edited:

Deleted member 5322

Bullshit. Don't be ridiculous. It's beer, or nothin'. Even my doctor says so. You can die from too much vodka. Beer'll never hurt ya. Whiskey? That stuff'll kill ya. Rum, are you insane? You can go to jail for drinkin' and drivin' on that. But beer? Yous can drink it all day, iff'n you get stopped by the law, and you fail the breathalizer, just let 'em know "it's just beer". Then stomp on it, so they know you can drive even if you are a bit tipsy. Works every time, truss me.
Does not work in CA

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lariat Lightning
Country flag
Obviously the wiper fall off during some test runs on the track.

So, they are working to re-design it as we speak and it should be ready by fall of 2023 when the Cybertruck launches....the final design will most likely be based on air blasting the windshield from along the frunk edge. Or, they will go with an iRoomba design. Definitely one of those two design approaches.

CyberRand

First Name
Rand
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'91 VW Vanagon w/ Subaru motor; 1990 Toyota pickup; approx 8,195 on waiting list for Dual Motor CyberTruck
Occupation
Video Producer
Country flag
Jeesh. People shooting vertical video for a horizontal subject. For the love of GAWD!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Charger
Country flag
Of course the Cybertruck didn’t have a wiper; they needed it for the Semi.
B162D90F-0406-4FF8-94FE-A221174489A2.gif
Is this because of the angle of the windshield and/or the glass material? The slope on the Tesla Semi is steeper than the cybertruck windshield. So wind should push anything in the way up and over the truck right? With the Semi, it's more like traditional vehicle and so the pressure of the wind should keep the rain against the windshield vs pushing it out of the way. My knowledge of aerodynamics and fluid dynamics is rudimentary so I'm just speculating.

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
I need new shorts… 🤤

The bed looks to be maybe 5' of open top. I'm telling you, it's the size of a long bed tacoma. Source: daily driver...

SparkChaser

First Name
Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck Ticket Holder, Ford Ranger, Mini Coup
Occupation
Airline Inspector
Country flag
Even commercial jets have wipers. In the event of mud or something more than water gets on your windscreen you have to have mechanical means of clearing it.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Even commercial jets have wipers. In the event of mud or something more than water gets on your windscreen you have to have mechanical means of clearing it.
Imagine a downed tree branch laying across the windshield. I wonder how long it would take the laser wipers to clear that…

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
About the same amount of time it would take a normal wiper.
So about twice the time of the BAW? Maybe I can get a chainsaw attachment for the BAW.

No-mo-ice

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor
Occupation
Aerospace Engineering
Country flag
Back in November 2019 I ordered one, I presume they were working on it for at least 6 months or a year beforehand.

I’ve now seen it on parade a few times, not really doing anything to show off it’s abilities… think Rivian.

I guess I’m growing impatient, I’ve all but forgotten the hype I felt about the CT, the times I was bragging about getting one. Anymore, I’m like oh yeah, I’m getting one of them a few years after they roll out to the first customer. I’m starting to have doubts this is going to really happen the way Elon said it’s gonna happen, or are we gonna get a watered down, way more expensive CT? I’m tired of the short clips and drone footage, let’s see a complete walk around TFL style, let’s see it off roading, let’s see it take off and haul something, something other than Elon’s toy for himself and his friends.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
Back in November 2019 I ordered one, I presume they were working on it for at least 6 months or a year beforehand.

I’ve now seen it on parade a few times, not really doing anything to show off it’s abilities… think Rivian.

I guess I’m growing impatient, I’ve all but forgotten the hype I felt about the CT, the times I was bragging about getting one. Anymore, I’m like oh yeah, I’m getting one of them a few years after they roll out to the first customer. I’m starting to have doubts this is going to really happen the way Elon said it’s gonna happen, or are we gonna get a watered down, way more expensive CT? I’m tired of the short clips and drone footage, let’s see a complete walk around TFL style, let’s see it off roading, let’s see it take off and haul something, something other than Elon’s toy for himself and his friends.
For real. It's supposedly nearing completion and entering production in a year. Signs pointing to this being true; giga press demoed and on it's way, battery factory rising up.

At a year out from production, they should be able to give the public a serious in depth look at the true capabilities at this point in time.

TikTok videos of employees throwing ice cream out the back is entertaining but literally useless to show the actual capabilities. If they can't get some hard details out in the next 6 months, I'll start believing the haters that it's glorified vapor ware.

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
Mid 2023 Production on CyberTruck
From Electrek:

During a new interview with the Tesla Owners Club of Silicon Valley, Musk confirmed that the Cybertruck design is now “locked”:

We need to get on that [getting the Cybertruck to production]. At least, the design is finally locked. We got too carried away [with design updates].
Musk has previously disclosed that Tesla added rear-wheel-steering to the Cybertruck and made several slight design changes.

However, the CEO added that regardless of the design revisions, Tesla wouldn’t have been able to bring the electric pickup truck to volume production either way because of the chip shortage. During the interview, Musk updated the production timeline for the Cybertruck to now “mid-2023.”

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
Mid 2023 Production on CyberTruck
From Electrek:

During a new interview with the Tesla Owners Club of Silicon Valley, Musk confirmed that the Cybertruck design is now “locked”:

Musk has previously disclosed that Tesla added rear-wheel-steering to the Cybertruck and made several slight design changes.

However, the CEO added that regardless of the design revisions, Tesla wouldn’t have been able to bring the electric pickup truck to volume production either way because of the chip shortage. During the interview, Musk updated the production timeline for the Cybertruck to now “mid-2023.”
Would love to believe this is a focusing down of the timeline based on facts, and not yet another subtle prepping for longer delay. But at least it is kinda backed up by the timeline of the cathode building completion and ramp up of battery production. Not a stretch of the imagination to see that cathode building finished construction by the end of the year.. early 2023 and battery production ramping up to near full capacity by mid to late 2023.
Sponsored