luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I especially like how you moved the front tire to the very front of the frame?
Sponsored

Geo

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru STI, KTM450EXC
Country flag
This is my interpretation of leveling the center line and dropping the window sill:

cybertruck 0427 v5.png
That works really well too. Maybe even better from the rear than original, as little bit more interesting that just squared of.
If that was 208 inch's long, I would absolutely go for it.
5 1/2 or 5 ft bed is fine by me.
As long as I could carry larger loads with the tailgate down and use the pass through between the cabin and the bed.
Although a little more rake adds dynamycism.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
That works really well too. Maybe even better from the rear than original, as little bit more interesting that just squared of.
If that was 208 inch's long, I would absolutely go for it.
5 1/2 or 5 ft bed is fine by me.
As long as I could carry larger loads with the tailgate down and use the pass through between the cabin and the bed.
Although a little more rake adds dynamycism.
It's a bit high in the back. You'd never see anything back there... Not that you can as is either.

Geo

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru STI, KTM450EXC
Country flag
It's a bit high in the back. You'd never see anything back there... Not that you can as is either.
That design element is the same in a low sports car like a Lambo and the Lancia Stratos Zero, you cant see anything out the back of those either. But I love it :D

chojn1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3. Model Y, Cybertruck
Country flag
Tesla Cybertruck Production Cybertruck Size Reduced By 3% With a More Level Center Line and Lower Window Sills [Update: Interior Reduced 1.5%] cybertruck 0427 v5 b
Tesla Cybertruck Production Cybertruck Size Reduced By 3% With a More Level Center Line and Lower Window Sills [Update: Interior Reduced 1.5%] cybertruck 0427 v5 d

Actually the wheel base have not been moved, the viewing angle of the front just makes it looked like it did.
The roof line/rake angle remained the same as the original so what you could or could not see out the back remained the same as the original.
The bed in the back is still 6'5" long.

Last edited:

K Doc Brown 007

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Fusion & 2019 Jeep Rubicon
Country flag
cybertruck 0427 v5 b.png
cybertruck 0427 v5 d.png

Actually the wheel base have not been moved, the viewing angle of the front just makes it looked like it did.
The roof line/rake angle remained the same as the original so what you could or could not see out the back remained the same as the original.
The bed in the back is still 6'5" long.
sorry, chojon1...this is the least favorite rendition of Musk’s “3% reduction and more level center line” I’ve seen. It looks clunky.... for some reason.... windows, bed, center line and apex line just aren’t working together imo.... front/frunk looks shrunk... but maybe an optical allusion due to other changes. I know you likely put a lot of effort into... mucho gracias

thejohnllama

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Nissan Leaf, 2007 Toyota Prius
Occupation
Marketing Consultant
Country flag
Whoa! 7" shorter? Now this thing will fit in my garage! Fantastic. Regretfully, it also probably means my motorcycle won't fit in the vault. Bummers.
All I can say: give us an 8’ bed...

Last edited:

thejohnllama

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Nissan Leaf, 2007 Toyota Prius
Occupation
Marketing Consultant
Country flag
and you'd be giving misleading information (sometimes referred to being "WRONG!" )
The bed is 6.5ft. With the tailgate down it is perhaps 8ft.
Edited for clarity: I *want* an 8’ bed! ?Cybertruck is a BAFM and deserves full size bed

Sputter

First Name
Herbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Model 3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I like the look of the shrunk version better. If the interior volumes don't change, compacting the outside is absolutely a win for my purposes.
Whatever you do, Elon, don't shrink the length of the bed. I foresee far more utilitarian use with a bigger vault than I do with a lot of back seat foot room. Within a given month, I see far more pickups hauling trash or equipment than I see five or six people being transported. The big rear seat is cool and soccer moms will love it, but I'm pretty sure, those putting down their dollars would opt for a big vault. I want my BMW 1200GS to fit with the tailgate up.

Sputter

First Name
Herbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Model 3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That makes me feel a bit better! Nice KTM's....will put my KTM sticker on first thing like I always do....even M3P has one (wonder what people think)..but hey it adds 20ft lbs torque! ;-)

Getting a bit tight in the garage - this is where the M3P now sits
IMG_0133.jpeg
You're just trying to make us jealous. (check my avatar...only one bike.)

Geo

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru STI, KTM450EXC
Country flag
Whatever you do, Elon, don't shrink the length of the bed.
Hi Sputter,
The Cybertruck that everyone's put there reservation in for, is not up for debate on one point only. It will absolutely come with a 6.5 ft bed.
Its the only thing that has been set in stone.

Every other detail is ever so slightly loose, like the wheelbase which was specifically stated at 149.9". That may now be slightly less.
The width is ~ 82", the length is ~ 224.7 ".
But getting to those numbers has been a little convoluted, and some people understandably aren't sure what is the ~82 " width figure exactly,
is it to the end of the mirrors, which are yet to come if at all, or the edge of the fender shrouds, or the body panels !
I believe its to the end outer edge of the fender shrouds.

The next set of debate is around the 2nd Cybertruck version, the one that Elon has stated will be 73" wide (but may now be 75" or more).
The one that's more suited to international markets, and mentioned in the Order Page for Cybertruck in international markets.
It will also be sold in the U.S, the biggest single Longbed and shortbed Pickup market in the world.

Now every thing about that is open to debate, as to how much smaller that will be,
Because one thing is for sure, 82 inch wide is very much unsuitable in Europe and Asia / Australian markets.
82 inch wide by 225 inch long, is exponentially worse. You will definitely find buyers, but far from maximum volume possible.

But since orders have been taken for this internationally, it will be interesting to see how smart or not Tesla can be.
I think its very straight forward to offer the smaller "Goldilocks Cybertruck" soon and gauge demand and plan for production accordingly.
They have nothing to lose and everything to gain. For both U.S. and International markets.

Personally my money is on 75-77 " wide by 208 " long, with a 62 " bed.

Last edited:

Sputter

First Name
Herbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Model 3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hi Sputter,
The Cybertruck that everyone's put there reservation in for, is not up for debate on one point only. It will absolutely come with a 6.5 ft bed.
Its the only thing that has been set in stone.

Every other detail is ever so slightly loose, like the wheelbase which was specifically stated at 149.9". That may now be slightly less.
The width is ~ 82", the length is ~ 224.7 ".
But getting to those numbers has been a little convoluted, and some people understandably aren't sure what is the ~82 " width figure exactly,
is it to the end of the mirrors, which are yet to come if at all, or the edge of the fender shrouds, or the body panels !
I believe its to the end outer edge of the fender shrouds.

The next set of debate is around the 2nd Cybertruck version, the one that Elon has stated will be 73" wide (but may now be 75" or more).
The one that's more suited to international markets, and mentioned in the Order Page for Cybertruck in international markets.
It will also be sold in the U.S, the biggest single Longbed and shortbed Pickup market in the world.

Now every thing about that is open to debate, as to how much smaller that will be,
Because one thing is for sure, 82 inch wide is very much unsuitable in Europe and Asia / Australian markets.
82 inch wide by 225 inch long, is exponentially worse. You will definitely find buyers, but far from maximum volume possible.

But since orders have been taken for this internationally, it will be interesting to see how smart or not Tesla can be.
I think its very straight forward to offer the smaller "Goldilocks Cybertruck" soon and gauge demand and plan for production accordingly.
They have nothing to lose and everything to gain. For both U.S. and International markets.

Personally my money is on 75-77 " wide by 208 " long, with a 62 " bed.
Hi Geo...thanks for your comments and clarifications. I live in the U.S., but years ago, drove around England and Europe in a Beetle. I remember the small streets in the various cities and concur, the CYBRTRK would be a tight fit in most of Europe. I note you live in Australia. Presumedly, there would be no issues there. Man, I'd love to do a circumnavigation of Australia in a CYBRTRK.
Sponsored