Off Road Dreaming

Zabhawkin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 Nissan Frontier, 2015 F-150, 1984 Jeep CJ7
Country flag
Pretty similar in New Mexico, in addition you have to be something like 100ft away from the roadway as well. Its hard to tell how many are carrying when on the trail most are pro 2A but they are kept stored unless needed and New Mexico considers inside the vehicle to be an extension of the home so anyone who can legally carry can carry consealed inside their cars. But due to demographics I would say 50%+ are armed.
Sponsored

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Yeah we are a bit of a nanny state, but us country folk are pretty hardy, and keep things a bit more real. We still have gun and gang violence, mostly in the cities over east, it's not like cops turn up fast enough to stop a crime, seeing people can't do it themselves anymore. But here in the rural areas down south we don't get much crime at all, in fact our town only got a cop station a few years ago, mostly for traffic and the pub. Police force is privatised corporation in each state, mostly interested in revenue as it's illegal for any company not to make a profit. (Which is pretty ironic somehow) We're good folk anyways, despite them having business plan goals for achieving over 85% guilty pleas, without even making it to court.

Farmers can have a few, but no semi's or anything, all single action which gets the hunting job done in most cases before it runs away. We have sport clubs etc but a lot of the gear has to stay locked up there. It's funny sometimes, considering we all just get into our cars afterwards, that end up being much more effective at dispatching life from this planet anyway. Roos for one literally line our streets.

Deleted member 3316

….when they call you to put a kangaroo down that somebody hit with their car on the highway. 😞
isn’t that what their shovel is for? Surely it would be more humane to pull out a tyre iron than wait a couple hour for a shooter to turn up?

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
No, half are not armed. It's less than a third of households who even have access to them.

Ugh. Useless things.

-Crissa
He means that a high percentage of people are armed when out in the wilderness/off-roading. Because they are useful, sometimes.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
LOL, right, a firearm has never been useful. Hilarious.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
LOL, hilarious. Weapons are never useful. At all, ever. Good work trying to get this thread killed and/or us modded too.

Zabhawkin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 Nissan Frontier, 2015 F-150, 1984 Jeep CJ7
Country flag
Crissa, not everyone live in a large city. Some of us live in very rural areas. I know people who have had to put down livestock, and as brutal and cruel as that might sound it was far better to do that than to let the animal suffer. Having a Vet come out and euthanize it with drugs is impractical and expensive when you are hours away.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Crissa, not everyone live in a large city. Some of us live in very rural areas. I know people who have had to put down livestock, and as brutal and cruel as that might sound it was far better to do that than to let the animal suffer. Having a Vet come out and euthanize it with drugs is impractical and expensive when you are hours away.
I have never lived in a big city. The closest was the eight years in Sunnyvale. I lived miles outside of town on the coast. I went to university outside Prescott, AZ. I have never been an urban person. I need the quiet and the wilds.

You aren't going to come across livestock to put down when going recreational offroading or hiking.

-Crissa

Deleted member 3316

air powered bolt….?
The point is assault rifles have no place in a functional society. The legitimate and socially responsible use cases for firearms are extremely limited.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
You aren't going to come across livestock to put down when going recreational offroading or hiking.
Not everyone lives the same life you do. Empathy maybe? Some of us have and are likely to again.

air powered bolt….?
The point is assault rifles have no place in a functional society. The legitimate and socially responsible use cases for firearms are extremely limited.
LOL, fully derailed, and the mods will be here soon to shut us down.

I own a bunch of AR-15s, but no assault weapons. They are effectively banned in all of the US with some extremely limited exceptions and incredibly expensive (as in five figures and keep going).
Sponsored