stumby

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S P90D
Country flag
Musk tweeted overnight that despite previous comments, Tesla Battery Day will focus on discussing batteries and not powertrain topics. But they'll field some powertrain questions in the Q&A.

Maybe we'll hear about how battery technology ties into Cybertruck Plaid mode, if at all.
Sponsored

Camper Van Someren

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Focus RS, 2015 Sienna AWD, 2002 Ranger
Country flag
I agree. I’ve been hoping that this experience of working together for a common good might continue on after COVID is past. Maybe we can turn that momentum towards taking on climate change in general.

craz

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Can't wait for battery day. Ideally, Elon would address Cybertruck factory and a firmer delivery timeline. The battery is the heart and soul of the EV, so I would be surprised if we didn't learn more about the upcoming lineup, despite Elon saying the event will be battery centric.

I think the current CT range estimates have next-gen battery tech baked in, so I'm not expecting any updates there.

On another note, how does Tesla select who to invite to these events? Could someone who lives in the vicinity of the event attend?

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
Can't wait for battery day. Ideally, Elon would address Cybertruck factory and a firmer delivery timeline. The battery is the heart and soul of the EV, so I would be surprised if we didn't learn more about the upcoming lineup, despite Elon saying the event will be battery centric.

I think the current CT range estimates have next-gen battery tech baked in, so I'm not expecting any updates there.

On another note, how does Tesla select who to invite to these events? Could someone who lives in the vicinity of the event attend?
I think this one will be all virtual...

Frank W

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Retired Army 1975-1997
Country flag
Update: In the Q1 earnings call going on right now, Elon just said they're targeting the third week of May to hold Battery Day, either in California or Texas.
Appreciate the information and definitely something to look forward to!

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CYBERTRUCK
Country flag
Update: Battery Day has been pushed to next month and may be done in two parts. Said Musk on twitter last night:
“We’re going to have to push out the date or attendance will be very low. Maybe do in two parts: webcast next month & in-person event a few months later?”

Alan

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 S90D ,2014Tacoma, Cyberbeast ordered 2/13/24
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I would guess it will happen after the existing batteries and cars are produced. And sold. Otherwise everyone would just wait for the new setup.

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
I think that though inperson is important for generating hype and enthusiasm, I think that if the information is that spectacular, it will not need any extra hype.

Handy Artie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Mercedes Sprinter 2500
Occupation
Retired surgical oncologist
Country flag
In person is how you develop friendships, families, leaders, personality, herd immunity and probably batteries too.