firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
video cued to timestamp 2855s - Tesla Delivery Wave and Q3 & Autonomous Vehicle Transport

-------------------------------

Full video

Full New Elon Musk Interview. Ron Baron Conference Nov 2022. With Timestamps.
Nov 4, 2022
Tesla Intelligence UK

--------

-------------------------------
Sponsored

Last edited:

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Interesting through the whole interview, Ron was commenting about Tesla saying "we" this and "we" that. I assume he is thinking about Tesla from the point of view of having invested heavily in Tesla it is part his company....

But also... it was cute how Ron struggled to get a selfie with Elon. Cued up below:

As for your comment about the Factory to Home bit. It sounded like Elon was ok with the idea within a certain distance. I'd guess that they want to deliver at least to a location within driving distance of the end customer without needing to charge up. But there may be other issues with the idea of remote delivery.

OP
OP

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
As for your comment about the Factory to Home bit. It sounded like Elon was ok with the idea within a certain distance. I'd guess that they want to deliver at least to a location within driving distance of the end customer without needing to charge up. But there may be other issues with the idea of remote delivery.

Possiblly in EarthYear 2026:
If the delivery location is not local to the factory, the Tesla vehicle could drive out of the factory building and onto either a truck towed vehicle carrier trailer or a train locomotive pulled vehicle carrier, then the vehicle carrier is moved across the state/country until in region near the home, finally the Tesla vehicle drives off the carrier and on to the final destination.

Last edited:

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Same, but I'll be coming from Oz with my boys and will be doing a US tour from there.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
If the delivery location is not local to the factory, the Tesla vehicle could drive out of the factory building and onto either a truck towed vehicle carrier trailer or a train locomotive pulled vehicle carrier, then the vehicle carrier is moved across the state/country until in region near the home, finally the Tesla vehicle drives off the carrier and on to the final destination.
Not sure about the new builds but our Model Y took several miles of driving to calibrate before it would self-drive.

Macgreiner

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3 (sold), S70D(sold), R1200RT, LR3, P3D
Country flag
Seriously, we've been hearing these inflated "concept level" non-deliverable statements since 2012. Post-twitter Elon is a nob.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
The issue for me was production volume Vs space

If Austin can manufacture over 2 million vehicles, they will need the logistical space for incoming goods and outgoing vehicles.

It is mooted that Tesla has space for more factories. if so, it just compounds the problem.

Tunnels.

The warehouse on wheels could be located remotely connected by tunnels.

Various tunnels to distribution areas, perhaps only a few miles away.

The Tesla Autonomous Semis /train will drive to 'last mile' destinations where the cars will then drive themselves to their owner.

Joe Justice said Austin is capable of producing 10 million cars. Even if it's half of that, we need tunnels.

OP
OP

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Not sure about the new builds but our Model Y took several miles of driving to calibrate before it would self-drive.

I'm sure they will either solve / eliminate the need for calibration or for each robotaxi or private vehicle purchased with FSD, Tesla staff will drive each vehicle a couple miles on the factory's test track to calibrate.

Another idea. Tesla use Teslabot as driver for vehicle's first drive.

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Don’t come to my house. Meet me at the local Olive Garden, instead. Some strange might put some puppies in the back of the truck at a red light.

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Not everyone will have FSD in their Cybertruck.

OP
OP

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Don’t come to my house. Meet me at the local Olive Garden, instead. Some strange might put some puppies in the back of the truck at a red light.
Not likely through 30x cold-rolled stainless steel vault rolling cover.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Not everyone will have FSD in their Cybertruck.
Well….. Not exactly true. All of the CTs will have FSD hardware and software. Just that some will not have FSD enabled.

That means that Tesla can use FSD to get the CT to its delivery destination and then disable FSD for the handover. Once the owner takes possession, FSD would not be turned on.
Sponsored