Eryk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yamaha SRV-250, Honda Odyssey RB1
Occupation
Film Maker
Country flag
😊Back in the 1960’s, all you needed were two iron bars to detach a tire from the rim.
Had to do this four times on the side of the road for my motorcycle, tyres were fine but a piece of glass/nail/shrapnel/hot summer day/voodoo magic would pop the inner tube and leave me stranded. Two tyre spoons and fresh tubes, success rate was about 50/50. Did I twist the tubes installing them or were they bad tubes out of the box. Guess I'll never know.
Sponsored

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
No way even a 100 mile round-trip last leg delivery by flatbed truck will only be $500 no less a 1,000 miler round-trip delivery.

100 mile round-trip last leg delivery by flatbed truck would be $1K-$2K.
On a Tesla semi... with no driver ?

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Had to do this four times on the side of the road for my motorcycle, tyres were fine but a piece of glass/nail/shrapnel/hot summer day/voodoo magic would pop the inner tube and leave me stranded. Two tyre spoons and fresh tubes, success rate was about 50/50. Did I twist the tubes installing them or were they bad tubes out of the box. Guess I'll never know.
😊I miss the good old days of the 1960’s. Technology was not available so common sense had to kick in.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
😊I miss the good old days of the 1960’s. Technology was not available so common sense had to kick in.
I couldn't begin to tell you how many times I had to adjust the points in my '65 Mustang (In the mid to late 80's)... or how often it would overheat in Georgia in the Summer... A/C basically never worked due to hidden Freon leak... Today's cars just don't break down like they used to and tires are so much better these days.

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I couldn't begin to tell you how many times I had to adjust the points in my '65 Mustang (In the mid to late 80's)... or how often it would overheat in Georgia in the Summer... A/C basically never worked due to hidden Freon leak... Today's cars just don't break down like they used to and tires are so much better these days.
😊True. The only reason why today’s cars are lasting longer is because of the added process of quality control to the assembly line. The American automakers didn’t want to spend the money on this until the Japanese automakers forced them to do so. It’s the least that a car company can do to satisfy their customer base. Investing in the customer is as important as investing in the shareholders.

RMK!

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Model 3 SR, CT on order
Country flag
Not everyone will have FSD in their Cybertruck.
Technically, all Teslas have FSD installed, just not activated. Since FSD activation is OTA, a temporary license could be issued then terminated upon delivery.

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
😊True. The only reason why today’s cars are lasting longer is because of the added process of quality control to the assembly line. The American automakers didn’t want to spend the money on this until the Japanese automakers forced them to do so. It’s the least that a car company can do to satisfy their customer base. Investing in the customer is as important as investing in the shareholders.
😊I thought that you had to pay for FSD before taking delivery of the vehicle? So, Tesla can activate FSD in a Tesla without the paid service?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
😊I thought that you had to pay for FSD before taking delivery of the vehicle? So, Tesla can activate FSD in a Tesla without the paid service?
The hardware is there, why wouldn't their driver profile have access to it?

Currently, it's a completely different firmware update, so it's not possible. However, Tesla plans to merge the two products at some point, and the only difference will be if your driver profile has FSD active or not.

-Crissa

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The hardware is there, why wouldn't their driver profile have access to it?

Currently, it's a completely different firmware update, so it's not possible. However, Tesla plans to merge the two products at some point, and the only difference will be if your driver profile has FSD active or not.

-Crissa
😊I’m slowly learning how the Tesla FSD system works. Thanks again!
Sponsored