Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The more I've thought about it the more convinced I am that at some point I will add a synthetic sound generator (probably mounted in the compartment below the vault bed) and, of course, will want a sound file from a big diesel (complete with compression brake, aka "jake brake"). So have got to add an air horn to the mix. But given that air flow is so important to EV performance, I was wondering where the best place to mount it. Would there, for example, be enough clearance under one of the front fender flares? Ideas anyone?
Sponsored

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
The more I've thought about it the more convinced I am that at some point I will add a synthetic sound generator (probably mounted in the compartment below the vault bed) and, of course, will want a sound file from a big diesel (complete with compression brake, aka "jake brake"). So have got to add an air horn to the mix. But given that air flow is so important to EV performance, I was wondering where the best place to mount it. Would there, for example, be enough clearance under one of the front fender flares? Ideas anyone?
Other Tesla vehicles have a speaker for outside sounds for pedestrian awareness. I doubt it gets as loud as an airhorn or Jake brakes.

OP
OP

scomer

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Wouldn't an active sound system be better?
Then just use a AIR horn sound file to play with. :)
[/QUOTE
The thought occurred to do that. I'm partial to the Miltek system so could probably insert an air horn sound file. However, one of the many things I admire about Musk is his idea of making cars "fun" (how many other manufacturers have put goat fart sounds in their vehicles), so that's really what this is all about. So I anticipate using the sound file of the diesel and the horn at the same time and probably only on two occasions: For a laugh with friends and family, and when that diesel pickup decides to "coal roll" me on the interstate (I'm still trying to figure out how to mount a bubble dispenser in the vault to accompany same). Pull up beside the pickup, give him a thumbs up and laugh, and then throw on the entertainment. Hopefully he/she will laugh and perhaps decide electric vehicles (and their owners) aren't so bad after all.

ratedK

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
94 GMC 1500, 2010 Prius,
Occupation
Dispatch
Country flag
Compressor will already be on board... why not a kick arse air horn option?

CyberCop

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silverado HD , Cybertruck dual on order
Occupation
Retired LEO ?‍♂??
Country flag
Compressor will already be on board... why not a kick arse air horn option?
This is what I was thinking as it already has a compressor.
I am sure a dual trumpet Could be discreetly located somewhere.

Red61224

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yugo
Country flag
Looks like there is plenty of room to mount a real air trumpet above the fender flares. Only time will tell when it shows up in the driveway and time to modify and play with it.

Nightf0rge

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Teacher, Blacksmith
Country flag
Came to say same thing, if already have onboard compressor, lets get a cool train horn. Can't have a huge Cybertruck with a wimpy peep-peep standard horn, Elon!

Options:

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Other Tesla vehicles have a speaker for outside sounds for pedestrian awareness. I doubt it gets as loud as an airhorn or Jake brakes.
Its hardly noticeable, kinda sounds like a futuristic space ship sound.

VI Tesla

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Cybertruck
Country flag
I want to see someone rig it up so the side sails flip up from the touch screen with horns mounted to the underside. You know for that driver in front of you missing the light because they're on the cell phone.
Actually, hoping the sails do flip up from app or touch screen.

SalisburySam

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD EAP/FSD, 2012 Nissan LEAF SL, 1964 Ford Thunderbird Convertible
Country flag
Possibly mount a set of air horns on the underside of the frunk deck. Make that deck rigid enough to be opened while driving permitting access to the floor-mounted rocket launcher. The launcher, of course, is used to coach the insensitive boor who just passed you rolling coal. It ensures that won’t happen again. After the horn warning is given, naturally.
Sponsored