AussieCyber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan
Country flag
I would be interested in a smaller size truck for garaging purposes.

Wonder if the current reservation can be left to stand and be placed early in the lineup for any smaller versions that come out in the future.

Shouldn't have to lose place in the line, just put at the front of the next smaller truck order line.

Let's hope they can give options, potential timeframes later this year regarding any new smaller cybertruck options.
Sponsored

Muddog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav 4, Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I would be interested in a smaller size truck for garaging purposes.

Wonder if the current reservation can be left to stand and be placed early in the lineup for any smaller versions that come out in the future.

Shouldn't have to lose place in the line, just put at the front of the next smaller truck order line.

Let's hope they can give options, potential timeframes later this year regarding any new smaller cybertruck options.
I also would like to know if it is possible to have the reservation changed to the smaller version?

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Just measured the garage length of my new house, 5.7m, still about 0.188m shorter than the regular design :cry:

IMG_0999.jpg
Quinton, why would you want to hide this vehicle anyway? My garage will fit, barely, but it will be in my driveway soaking up the free sun on the solar tonneau and being the badass truck it is meant to be.

jim15936

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Prius cars today, Cybertruck dual motor ordered.
Occupation
Tesla analyst, patented inventor and former AI researcher.
Country flag
So it will stay outside. I can't swap the place in my garage, the 50% wider part is for wifeys car (saves a lot of repair bills for car and garage door)
Consider building a 2 car garage, if allowed in your area and finance it into your mortgage as rates are cheap now. Today's rates are so low, that some people can remodel their homes, expanding to get home value and a nicer place to live and have a new payment that is less than the current mortgage, or refi to a 15 year loan and just pay it off.

Tcyber

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi
Occupation
Substation Operator
Country flag
Glad they’re not changing it, but what about Elon specifically saying the doors are 30xs cold rolled steel. What about the rest of the truck? Is the front end NOT 30xs cold rolled steel to pass impact safety regulations?

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
I found that comment interesting as well regarding the 30x stainless steel doors.

Camper Van Someren

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Focus RS, 2015 Sienna AWD, 2002 Ranger
Country flag
This might be a deal-breaker for me. I have about a 6’ driveway between my garage and the street so that isn’t an option for me. I do have other outdoor parking (where my Ranger sits) but that is far enough from the house that I couldn’t feasibly set up a charging station there.

I’m going to keep my reservation and see how I feel about remodeling my garage next year.

I understand that the majority on here are happy with this news because you have a good place to park it, inside or out. Keeping it full-size probably won’t hurt sales much. I’m just frustrated that Elon announced changes without talking to his designer to see if they were feasible, and then had to go back on them. He really needs to get off Twitter...

Auric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Insight
Country flag
Consider building a 2 car garage, if allowed in your area and finance it into your mortgage as rates are cheap now. Today's rates are so low, that some people can remodel their homes, expanding to get home value and a nicer place to live and have a new payment that is less than the current mortgage, or refi to a 15 year loan and just pay it off.
Thanks for the Tipp

I consider a Carport with a solar roof, that could be a public charging station during the day when I'm at work (when there is something like an economy left that has a job for me)

Last edited:

TKY

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Cruze, Model Y(ordered), Cybertruck (ordered)
Occupation
Developer
Country flag
It is great to have more options. The smaller one which fit into normal garage would be nice. But the original model could compete the market which F150 dominates. The smaller one might pass Model 3 and model Y eventually.
Sponsored