Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69 BB Vette, 83 Cutlass
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Unfortunately I will be cancelling my order (I was very high up in the numbers anyway since I didn't place the order until Musk announced he would be shrinking the truck by 3%). I wanted the truck not only as transportation but also as an energy storage device so fitting in my standard size garage was a requirement. Needless to say I'm not very happy. Wish all of you guys the best; have no regrets because it gave me a chance to learn from all of you. Happy trails.
Why not keep your order and see what comes about? Who knows, you might change your mind.
Sponsored

hridge2020

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Aircraft Fixed/Rotary - Rocket/Missile/Spacecraft/Air Defense Scientist
Country flag
Tooling on Order already, too expensive to change now... lol..

Quinton Li

First Name
Quinton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Cooper Countryman
Occupation
Government official
Country flag
Just measured the garage length of my new house, 5.7m, still about 0.188m shorter than the regular design :cry:

Tesla Cybertruck Update: Cybertruck Will Keep Concept's Size, But Separate Smaller Cybertruck Likely! IMG_0999

Deke

First Name
Bernard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck order
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Happy that the original is not going to be down-sized, but would still like to see the windows lowered and the belt line more horizontal as show in some of the proposed smaller concepts. Also would be pleased if the overall length could be decreased a few inches as long as the cabin area and the 6.5' bed is not reduced.

Geo

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru STI, KTM450EXC
Country flag
He’s still leaving a little confusion.
We need new stated dimensions.
For both the large and smaller Cybertruck please Elon.

Original stated width was 79.8” then he simultaneously went up and down in new width size !!

Stated the new width size was to be 82”, which was smaller than the Cybertruck that was revealed !

So what does “ Even 3% smaller is too small. Will be pretty much this size. “ definitively mean ?
79.8 inch, 82 inch, or perhaps 84 inch :unsure:

Can we please have a time frame of what “We’ll probably do a smaller, tight world truck at some point.” means, if not actual dimensions ?

I wonder what the Global customers who have ordered should expect ?

“Global specifications will be developed at a later date based on demand”

Is 6 months a reasonable enough time to confirm global demand and global specifications ?

P.S. I’m sure the Cybertruck will do very well under the circumstances, but It seems that doing a Cybertruck that “kicks butt at the Baha” is less than completely serious, if it’s going to be 149.9” long wheelbase, and carry a penalty of an extra roughly 500 - 600 lbs.

It also seems unnecessary if a smaller wheelbase Cybertruck is in the works.

Last edited:

SpaceDoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Kia Sportage PHEV... 2025+ GMC Denali EV
Occupation
Space Cowboy
Country flag
After watching the video clip from the upcoming Jay Leno's Garage episode, I believe the Cybertruck looks great as is. This is actually great news. I've been building a new garage in my yard to accommodate the current Cybertruck dimensions, anyway.

IMG_0691.jpeg
Sweet garage, dude! ??

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
He’s still leaving a little confusion.
We need new stated dimensions.
For both the large and smaller Cybertruck please Elon.

Original stated width was 79.8” then he simultaneously went up and down in new width size !!

Stated the new width size was to be 82”, which was smaller than the Cybertruck that was revealed !

So what does “ Even 3% smaller is too small. Will be pretty much this size. “ definitively mean ?
79.8 inch, 82 inch, or perhaps 84 inch :unsure:

Can we please have a time frame of what “We’ll probably do a smaller, tight world truck at some point.” means, if not actual dimensions ?

I wonder what the Global customers who have ordered should expect ?

“Global specifications will be developed at a later date based on demand”

Is 6 months a reasonable enough time to confirm global demand and global specifications ?

P.S. I’m sure the Cybertruck will do very well under the circumstances, but It seems that doing a Cybertruck that “kicks butt at the Baha” is less than completely serious, if it’s going to be 149.9” long wheelbase, and carry a penalty of an extra roughly 500 - 600 lbs.

It also seems unnecessary if a smaller wheelbase Cybertruck is in the works.
Geo you just cant get off this "goldilocks truck" of yours. Raptor and basically any trophy truck proves large vehicles can baja just fine. Like I said in a previous thread, it dosnt make much sense to release another model concourantly with the ct. But the smaller version for other markets Europe,asia would be smart. But after we get over half of current orders out. I think

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Just measured the garage length of my new house, 5.7m, still about 0.188m shorter than the regular design :cry:

IMG_0999.jpg
If you get the solar tonneau why would you even want it in the garage?

First, you get the free charging by the sun. Second, the weather ain't going to hurt this. Rust? Ha! Third, most pickup trucks are kept outside of a garage.

Check out the thread regarding garages and Cybertruck.

Last edited:

Cybertruck Tampa

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I hadn't given the size of CT a consideration at all. But that's just me.
I’m with you! It barely fits in mine, but I was fine leaving it in the driveway or putting it in the garage. Purpose of a truck is to be big!

Regenshire

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 RWD LR, Model Y Perf, CyberTruck AWD Order
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I am happy with this decision, I was somewhat concerned that reducing the size would reduce the capabilities or comfort of the vehicle. I get people being worried about fitting the vehicle into their garage's, but that is simply a trade off of having a bigger vehicle. Its also going to be fun to park. But, we get a decent sized bed, a large interior, and I assume pretty big frunk and additional storage for that size.

One of the things that captivates me about the design is what we have seen in videos of the interior. It looks nice a roomy, able to hold as many passengers as a large sedan, while having the capabilities of a truck. Its a near perfect vehicle. The trade off of course is a larger size.

Granted, it should fit in my garage as is, so I reducing the size has no major benefit to me (other then maybe squeezing into parking spots easier).

Geo

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru STI, KTM450EXC
Country flag
Geo you just cant get off this "goldilocks truck" of yours. Raptor and basically any trophy truck proves large vehicles can baja just fine. Like I said in a previous thread, it dosnt make much sense to release another model concourantly with the ct. But the smaller version for other markets Europe,asia would be smart. But after we get over half of current orders out. I think

You seem a little agitated Newton.

Certain facts seem to upset you, facts that somehow peculiarly detract from your enjoyment of the larger Cybertruck !

( Just thinking out aloud, do you look for women a little on the large size, I think its fine if you do, but do you find yourself criticising smaller women who mutually have no interest in you !
You may want to let that marinade in your head a little ;) )

You’ll probably be a little more so, when the Smaller Cybertruck confirmed coming,
will be running in the Baha, even if its after the larger less optimal handling and 500-600 lbs extra heavy Cybertruck goes first :cool:
(which remains to be seen, which one they bring first)

Apparently comprehension is not your strong suit.

Here let me help you, Elon confirmed the smaller cybertruck is coming. :)

P.S. Raptor running and doing well in the Baha is the smaller wheelbase,
than large Cybertruck 149.9 inch.

You may also benefit from researching a little basic physics, and desert racing design tech.
Or just plain enjoy the KAMAZ and Tatra Trucks doing the Dakar like I do.
Sponsored

Last edited: