Perhaps they could produce a smaller Cybertruck, given how well the truck is accepted

papadon

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q7
Occupation
crna
Country flag
Asked on Twitter whether he would be launching a smaller version, Musk replied that Tesla would "probably" do a mid-size Cybertruck, too.
"Long term, it probably makes sense to build a smaller Cybertruck too," Musk wrote in a Tweet.

So.
I think there's a market for it, clearly when you look at demand for midsize trucks. Not everyone has an oversized or 2-3 car garage and there are plenty of city dwellers for which the Cybertruck is just too large to consider. Also where else will the bulletproof glass be utilized? :)
Sponsored

Cyber_Dav

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Siennas (2)
Country flag
I think there's a market for it, clearly when you look at demand for midsize trucks. Not everyone has an oversized or 2-3 car garage and there are plenty of city dwellers for which the Cybertruck is just too large to consider. Also where else will the bulletproof glass be utilized? :)
The body is bulletproof, the glass is not. It's just "armor glass", a marketing term.

ElectricCat

First Name
Uri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 MS, 2018 M3 LR, 2020 Model S LR, 2022 MY LR
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Lots of people mention needing to park in garage to charge, but that is not so. There are two cord lengths on the Tesla wall connector, one is 24 feet. You can park outside and just run the cord to the vehicle. Or you can mount the connector (EVSE) outdoors. Totally safe to do.

When people have visitors most don't offer them the garage, but if they need to charge they can easily do so in the driveway.

I don't think you are asking too much. I just don't expect to see the smaller version right away. :sick:
I agree, It is of course doable to charge with extension cord and I do use it. I was talking about charging overnight, leave the car outside could be the issue for me. If this truck would be just 10 inches shorter It fits in my 20 feet garage.

Devix

First Name
Fabrizio
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance
Country flag
I'd love a smaller one for Europe market.
My concern is about the bed cover. The line of the Cybertruck is made to have just 2 lines on top to create the angle on top. If you keep the same line in the front and shrink the bed, that angle will be more acute and I think this is not feasible. The whole design needs to be re-done.

ElectricCat

First Name
Uri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 MS, 2018 M3 LR, 2020 Model S LR, 2022 MY LR
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'd love a smaller one for Europe market.
My concern is about the bed cover. The line of the Cybertruck is made to have just 2 lines on top to create the angle on top. If you keep the same line in the front and shrink the bed, that angle will be more acute and I think this is not feasible. The whole design needs to be re-done.
If we ever reach that point, the truck will have shorter and likely narrower body. I agree, it is not just “cut the tail” solution.?

Rootinboy

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sequoia
Country flag
This will be a strong truck.. No need to cut holes, just pull in to the garage until the garage door can close. Then dust the drywall off the hood. :oops:
I won't be having my Cybertruck parked in the garage. That's the first step in turning a truck into a garage princess!

Rootinboy

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sequoia
Country flag
It is surprising there is little forward thinking on this forum
I don't think that's the case at all. I think they've gotta produce the first round of trucks and get some actual field data that shows how good the Cybertruck is, before they go producing a smaller one. But, I dunno how you produce something smaller and stay in a price range that isn't the same as the CT....

Keeney

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Country flag
I would be interested in a version with a smaller cab. I don't need a 4-door crew cab that seats 6 passengers, and I bet that is the case with many buyers. An extended cab version with jump seats could easily shave 12 or more inches off the length.

(except I personally would want the same wheelbase and instead add that length back to the cargo bed)..

Cyber_Dav

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Siennas (2)
Country flag
It is surprising there is little forward thinking on this forum
I think that is sour grapes, Day One. They aren't producing what you want first, so we are all wrong.

There is an avid Tacoma cult, but how popular are the Ranger and Colorado? Especially if they cost the exact same as an F150 or 1500?

The correct answer is, build the F150 equivalent first (i.e. the Cybertruck). That is forward thinking. Then something for the European market, whether mini-truck or van. Then see if an expensive mini-truck will sell in the U.S. and Australia.

Sorry, even Tesla needs to make money.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
I think that is sour grapes, Day One. They aren't producing what you want first, so we are all wrong.

There is an avid Tacoma cult, but how popular are the Ranger and Colorado? Especially if they cost the exact same as an F150 or 1500?

The correct answer is, build the F150 equivalent first (i.e. the Cybertruck). That is forward thinking. Then something for the European market, whether mini-truck or van. Then see if an expensive mini-truck will sell in the U.S. and Australia.

Sorry, even Tesla needs to make money.
Yes your right about the “Tacoma cult” but rumor is the Tacoma is about to get a lot bigger and be riding on a shared chassis with the Tundra ? kind of like how the new f-250 uses the same cab as the f-150. But chassis instead.

The smaller pickup would sell well in other markets for sure. I would surely give it a look, but I doubt it would fulfill my needs.

Frank W

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Retired Army 1975-1997
Country flag
As retired military you should already know that Europe has always favored smaller vehicles as commuters. :) I remember that they marveled over the size of a Tacoma personally. I also see a market for a smaller truck but I also agree let them take on the F-150 first. I’m one of those devoted Tacoma fans but I also think that they are not made as well as they were In the past. I’ll gladly make the switch to Tesla Cybertruck and park my Tacoma.
Sponsored