Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'92 Jeep Wrangler and 22’ Model Y
Occupation
Retired young/Business Owner
Country flag
OP here….

so have we come to a solution/consensus or the like to mitigate a potential problem? Or is there one in place already from what I’ve been reading?

I just thought I’d get some outside input (other than my own creativity).

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
OP here….

so have we come to a solution/consensus or the like to mitigate a potential problem? Or is there one in place already from what I’ve been reading?

I just thought I’d get some outside input (other than my own creativity).
Well, we need to know what the truck already has, and then the plate you choose is affected by your use case.

-Crissa

OP
OP
Lives2TruckAround

Lives2TruckAround

First Name
Nico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Well, we need to know what the truck already has, and then the plate you choose is affected by your use case.

-Crissa
Hardcore rock crawling on 40’s and portals like Jeeps

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Hardcore rock crawling on 40’s and portals like Jeeps
Portals?

Well, you might want more hardened steel underneath. Depends on what it already has.

For brush, you'll just want something that slides off, for rocks you don't want a plate that'll peel back if you slide against something.

For sand... You just want something that won't break, and so the lightest metal would be fine. Getting scuffed or pitted is no big deal.

That's more the stuff I end up dealing with, so I don't mind a little pitting. Heck, on my Mazda... I bought more plastics but just keep baling wire the pieces back together instead of installing the clean parts.

-Crissa

OP
OP
Lives2TruckAround

Lives2TruckAround

First Name
Nico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Portals?

Well, you might want more hardened steel underneath. Depends on what it already has.

For brush, you'll just want something that slides off, for rocks you don't want a plate that'll peel back if you slide against something.

For sand... You just want something that won't break, and so the lightest metal would be fine. Getting scuffed or pitted is no big deal.

That's more the stuff I end up dealing with, so I don't mind a little pitting. Heck, on my Mazda... I bought more plastics but just keep baling wire the pieces back together instead of installing the clean parts.

-Crissa
Yup, there’s a company that sells portal axles for the wheels. Give you a 4 inch lift without changing any suspension upgrades. Takes a lot of pressure off of the end of the CV joints at the wheel hub.

similar to the old military hummers but for more civilian purposes.
Tesla Cybertruck Can we talk Skid Plates? IMG_3145

OP
OP
Lives2TruckAround

Lives2TruckAround

First Name
Nico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
1C796646-76B1-47AB-AFE7-BA704B7FB13E.jpeg

:ROFLMAO:

it’ll be interesting to see how Tesla splits the baby between offroad capable suspension, and payload/hauling suspension
Maybe not exactly like the old hummers….. I couldn’t really describe the portals well. I did post a picture…. Kinda looks like an advertisement

Looking at that hummer now….. I kinda wonder what that cost to deck it out like that. Totally military spec right? 🤣

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Maybe not exactly like the old hummers….. I couldn’t really describe the portals well
nah, I don’t know what that beast is. I think the old hummers did have 4wIS

don’t know about the portals, or how they would work on a vehicle with 4wIS rather than solid axels

my suspension knowledge is pretty limited

Marcia Litsinger

First Name
Marcia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, Kia Nero hybrid, Cadillac Escalade.
Occupation
farmer
Country flag
I only ask because i was afraid of some small tube or something coming undone by a Boulder smash. I’m sure somebody (totally not myself) is going to try rock crawling to some extent and figured I’d put this page out there for someone to google find.

personally i wouldn’t want to hit something and dent my battery to any extent. but i like the photos and input everyone has stated so far.
I live rock climbing so am interested in the underneath. Hauling hay or cutting wood, I would not want to worry about the batteries getting hurt.

Chris9702L

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda ridgeline
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
I live rock climbing so am interested in the underneath. Hauling hay or cutting wood, I would not want to worry about the batteries getting hurt.
Tsport did a video about the underneath protection. I think it was no that great but I’m sure Tesla or someone else will provide a solution.

OP
OP
Lives2TruckAround

Lives2TruckAround

First Name
Nico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Tsport did a video about the underneath protection. I think it was no that great but I’m sure Tesla or someone else will provide a solution.
I have been watching Tsportline, I was thinking “man they already have a one up on sandy monroe”
Sponsored