Cybertruck ready for serious off-roading!

CTruckTooBig

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TriMotor
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
M

My Model 3 has a plastic skid plate. I ran over a traffic cone and several parts of the skid plate were damaged.
I expect that the CT will have a 30X stainless steel skid plate that is part of the exoskeleton. ?
Look you! You will need to wait for the Cybertruck before running over any more traffic cones! ??
Sponsored

Snuups

First Name
Yannick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
Ah, this is why Tesla displays traffic cones in the display. It's a feature for a better aim.

Snuups

First Name
Yannick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
Right. I remember a video on YT showing that he overrode something. :ROFLMAO:

parapyropig

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 FJ Cruiser NSSE, Cybertruck trimotor
Occupation
parapyropig
Country flag
Bottom looks pretty armored:
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck ready for serious off-roading! EC8CD721-749D-451C-A455-4F99A0B4DB02

gregor

First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
off road
Country flag
Hi All, I can't find any info on this, I am hoping someone knows or can ask the appropriate people for the answers.
Does anyone know if it will have tow points (front and back) ? It is always nice to be able to help others that are bogged and also good for yourself, incase you get into some area that you shouldn't be in.
I am pretty sure that the computers could make it like it has diff lockers (some or all wheels rotating at the same rate no matter what - like the G wagon from Mercedes). This leads to my next questions.
Since the design is clean - I am not sure that they have considered the connection of winches (front and back), does anyone know? I'm pretty sure that if they haven't considered it from factory then you most likely can't put them in.

gregor

First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
off road
Country flag
Imagine what they can do with locked front and rear diffs and a motor at each axle. You have now removed a huge amount of mechanical companents that are normally damaged when off road. Driveshafts, transfer cases, dual transfer cases. No we basically just have to contend with CV joints and the reduction gear box which is already designed to with stand a TON of abuse from instant torque. Protecting the batteries is probably a non issue. just super thick metal of some kind.

Im more concerned about water fording abilities, how deep can it go?
I am pretty sure Musk said something about CT being able to 'float for a little" - I wonder if they will have some cameras facing ground to aid in positioning wheels.

VolklKatana

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2019 Tesla M3 LR AWD FSD, CT3 reserved
Occupation
Data Architect
Country flag
Hi All, I can't find any info on this, I am hoping someone knows or can ask the appropriate people for the answers.
Does anyone know if it will have tow points (front and back) ? It is always nice to be able to help others that are bogged and also good for yourself, incase you get into some area that you shouldn't be in.
I am pretty sure that the computers could make it like it has diff lockers (some or all wheels rotating at the same rate no matter what - like the G wagon from Mercedes). This leads to my next questions.
Since the design is clean - I am not sure that they have considered the connection of winches (front and back), does anyone know? I'm pretty sure that if they haven't considered it from factory then you most likely can't put them in.
From the still shots I looked at on the Jay Lenos Garage episode, the only thing that was visible was the towing receiver. Underside was completely flat and no visible tow points in front ( at this point anyway).

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
I am pretty sure Musk said something about CT being able to 'float for a little" - I wonder if they will have some cameras facing ground to aid in positioning wheels.
Yeah i posted that before Elon answered the question on twitter.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Im sure they are going to incorporate tow hooks into the design. Although no guarantee.

gregor

First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
off road
Country flag
Some rock sliders might be appropriate to protect battery on top of the under armour. I like the clean under carriage, looks like no more getting hung on the diff centres.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Some rock sliders might be appropriate to protect battery on top of the under armour. I like the clean under carriage, looks like no more getting hung on the diff centres.
I think this should be left up to the aftermarket.

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
Rock Sliders, front and rear bumper replacements, bush bars, winches, and such will probably be well served by the aftermarket.

CyberJag

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Titan XD
Occupation
Coordinator
Country flag
I hope the tri-motor will have a front locker option. I also hope the dual motor will have a front/rear locker option.
Sponsored