Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus 460LS, Model 3 dm, Mustang Boss 302, F150,
Occupation
retired Building Contractor
Country flag
I've seen little consideration of what I think will be an important market: little old ladies, like me. Having grown up in the '60s, our minds were opened to consider ways things might be done, not just going along with what the past offered us. Subsequent generations are almost laughably conservative in many ways. We grew up in a much more affluent era, and continue to enjoy its financial advantages. I'm glad for the stainless steel body because it won't rust. It's hard to accept that the '88 Isuzu Trooper II that took a bullet for me (sturdy bush bumper took the force when I hit a moose: Mountie said I probably would not have survived in a 'normal' car) is starting to show rust, and soon will have to be 'put out to pasture'. Even minor body work on 'conventional' is not cheap, body parts crumple, and paint chips and cracks. The Cybertruck avoids this 'planned obsolescence'. Imperfect performance notwithstanding, AutoPilot is still, on average, a much safer driver than human drivers. I've always been a timid driver; Cybertruck will be of great help on less-than-great mountain highways, particularly during the winter. (I saw video of a Tesla avoiding a pig on the road; I'd guess the Cybertruck would avoid moose, too.) And -- of vastly greater significance than has been appreciated -- AutoPilot will give assistance to aging drivers who otherwise might have to give up driving entirely, a terrible restriction, especially where there is no useful public transportation systems. That freedom is almost priceless. OK, jaws are going to drop when a grey-haired, little (5'2", 105 lb.) old (70) lady steps out. But I've ridden dragons ....
Makes me think of the old personal advert. “Lady With Cybertruck seeks meaningful relationship with like minded gentleman”
Shortly the reply “Please send photo of Cybertruck”!
Sponsored

TX.Cyber

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 2018 Model S and 2019 Model X
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I've seen little consideration of what I think will be an important market: little old ladies, like me. Having grown up in the '60s, our minds were opened to consider ways things might be done, not just going along with what the past offered us. Subsequent generations are almost laughably conservative in many ways. We grew up in a much more affluent era, and continue to enjoy its financial advantages. I'm glad for the stainless steel body because it won't rust. It's hard to accept that the '88 Isuzu Trooper II that took a bullet for me (sturdy bush bumper took the force when I hit a moose: Mountie said I probably would not have survived in a 'normal' car) is starting to show rust, and soon will have to be 'put out to pasture'. Even minor body work on 'conventional' is not cheap, body parts crumple, and paint chips and cracks. The Cybertruck avoids this 'planned obsolescence'. Imperfect performance notwithstanding, AutoPilot is still, on average, a much safer driver than human drivers. I've always been a timid driver; Cybertruck will be of great help on less-than-great mountain highways, particularly during the winter. (I saw video of a Tesla avoiding a pig on the road; I'd guess the Cybertruck would avoid moose, too.) And -- of vastly greater significance than has been appreciated -- AutoPilot will give assistance to aging drivers who otherwise might have to give up driving entirely, a terrible restriction, especially where there is no useful public transportation systems. That freedom is almost priceless. OK, jaws are going to drop when a grey-haired, little (5'2", 105 lb.) old (70) lady steps out. But I've ridden dragons ....
Right on! My wife is 5'2" and will be 69... she is very much looking forward to receiving the Cybertruck, too! Perhaps we will all meet at a Supercharger one day! We are in Texas, but have a cousin in Vancouver and would love to take a coast-to-coast one day!

Roslyn

First Name
Roslyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Isuzu Tracker II 1988, Ford Explorer 1993
Occupation
Anthropologist
Country flag
Right on! My wife is 5'2" and will be 69... she is very much looking forward to receiving the Cybertruck, too! Perhaps we will all meet at a Supercharger one day! We are in Texas, but have a cousin in Vancouver and would love to take a coast-to-coast one day!
Love to meet you ! Just go to Vancouver, and turn north, for a few hundred miles. I'm just off the Alaska Highway, when you point your CT in that direction ....
Sponsored

Last edited: